Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: RFID 13.56 MHz / NFC Module for Arduino Coding Issue  (Read 812 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello,

I am completely new to Arduino and as many of you could have predicted... I am running into problems. I was hoping to avoid issues by following this guide:

http://www.cooking-hacks.com/index.php/blog/tutorial-rfid-13-56-mhz-nfc-module-for-arduino

But the code in this guide is not working for me.

The only way I differed from the guide is the tags. I purchased these: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10128

I have the Arduino: Uno, The XBEE Shield and the 13.56 MHz/NFC Module that is referenced in the guide. So far, using the code above, this is what I get from the serial monitor:

I am using the code from Step 2: Reading tags. Now, from the original code in the guide I did have to change serial.print(0x00, BYTE) to serial.write(0x00). I tried to post the code, but it makes this too long. I don't know how much of an effect that had, but that's what worked up until this point. I also don't know if there are any UID's on the tags I have right now, but I can't find out either way so far. I understand the gist of what's going on but I just don't understand enough about code to fix this myself. Some help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

I understand the gist of what's going on but I just don't understand enough about code to fix this myself.

I'd reconsider this part:
The only way I differed from the guide is the tags.

Buy some tags that go with the reader you bought, from the people you bought the reader from. At least that way, you have a chance of reading data. The read-only cards, to start with.

View Profile

That's not the problem though. In the code, the serial monitor is supposed to display more text before it even attempts to read the tag. The tags are not the problem because they're 13.56 Mhz Mifare tags, just like the ones explained in the guide. I just don't understand how to get the code to initiate reading.

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

The jumpers in the XBee shield have to be set to XBEE position.
You did this, right?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: