Go Down

Topic: Storing Arduino and other hardware (Read 305 times) previous topic - next topic

Ubernewb

I'm sure this isn't the right forum. But, I couldn't figure which one would be ideal for this subject.
I'm curious what you guys use to store your Arduino stuff. I've got 6 different things including a touch LCD I picked up at Radio shack and I'd like to keep this stuff stored in something safe for traveling.
Note: The storage idea I'm looking for is for traveling and for several Arduino boards, wiring, etc.

JimboZA

Sep 15, 2014, 05:24 am Last Edit: Sep 15, 2014, 05:33 am by JimboZA Reason: 1
I found that a plastic soap container is just the right size for an Uno or shield. Then you could put a whole bunch of those in a bigger container like a Tupperware.

edit.... Caveat: not sure of static electricity implications.

meArm build blog:     http://jimbozamearm.blogspot.com/

johnwasser

I like the Plano Molding model 3750 "StowAway Utility Box" for Arduino stuff:

http://www.planomolding.com/product.php?BCCID=136&PID=953

I got mine in the Crafts section of Walmart.  I think Walmart sells them under the brand "Creative Options" but I can't find the exact match at the Walmart website.  If I recall correctly they were only about $6.
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

cartoonist

I like to use some old fashioned wooden sigarboxes. The boxes I usually pick them up in secondhand stores or recycling shops.

That way i'm pretty sure there is no chance for static discharges to sensitive parts like micro-processors.
I also believe that wood will prevent, in some way, corrosion by moisture of the electronic parts.

You do not need a new P.C., you need a new O.S.  Linux is free, safe, easy, fast and reliable.

cartoonist

Old wooden tea-boxes will do as well ofcourse  :smiley-red:
You do not need a new P.C., you need a new O.S.  Linux is free, safe, easy, fast and reliable.

LarryD

If you have a "Michaels" try there.
The way you have it in your schematic isn't the same as how you have it wired up!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy