Go Down

Topic: Storing Arduino and other hardware (Read 251 times) previous topic - next topic

Ubernewb

I'm sure this isn't the right forum. But, I couldn't figure which one would be ideal for this subject.
I'm curious what you guys use to store your Arduino stuff. I've got 6 different things including a touch LCD I picked up at Radio shack and I'd like to keep this stuff stored in something safe for traveling.
Note: The storage idea I'm looking for is for traveling and for several Arduino boards, wiring, etc.

JimboZA

Sep 15, 2014, 05:24 am Last Edit: Sep 15, 2014, 05:33 am by JimboZA Reason: 1
I found that a plastic soap container is just the right size for an Uno or shield. Then you could put a whole bunch of those in a bigger container like a Tupperware.

edit.... Caveat: not sure of static electricity implications.

Arduino ethernet server here.... http://jimboza.gotdns.com:8085/

No PMs for help please

johnwasser

I like the Plano Molding model 3750 "StowAway Utility Box" for Arduino stuff:

http://www.planomolding.com/product.php?BCCID=136&PID=953

I got mine in the Crafts section of Walmart.  I think Walmart sells them under the brand "Creative Options" but I can't find the exact match at the Walmart website.  If I recall correctly they were only about $6.
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

cartoonist

I like to use some old fashioned wooden sigarboxes. The boxes I usually pick them up in secondhand stores or recycling shops.

That way i'm pretty sure there is no chance for static discharges to sensitive parts like micro-processors.
I also believe that wood will prevent, in some way, corrosion by moisture of the electronic parts.

You do not need a new P.C., you need a new O.S.  Linux is free, safe, fast and reliable.

cartoonist

Old wooden tea-boxes will do as well ofcourse  :smiley-red:
You do not need a new P.C., you need a new O.S.  Linux is free, safe, fast and reliable.

LarryD

If you have a "Michaels" try there.
The way you have it in your schematic isn't the same as how you have it wired up!

Go Up