Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: AV transmitter 720p h.264  (Read 1057 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I'm trying to do a project where i can send video from a DLSR (such as canon 5d) wirelessly to a monitor.
The goal is to send via the hdmi output to a encoder so it can downrez 1080p to 720p and comrpess to a codec suitable for wireless transfer ( thinking h.264), then the receiver side is outputing via hdmi to the monitor.
Is it faeasible with an encoder (smallest one ) then a version of arduino and 2.4ghz modules ?

best regards
J.

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

What role do you envisage for the Arduino?

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

South England
View Profile

In a word, no. Unless the arduino's only role is processing user control input, like buttons and knobs or whatever, and passing them on to something else. If you want it to do any of the video stuff you're talking about, you're out of luck.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

The arduino part would be to take the output of the H.264 encoder and pass it to the wireless module.
So i guess the arduino can't handle the data rate ?

regards.
J

South England
View Profile

Not by a long-shot. In pieces of equipment I've pulled to bits, I've often seen "arduino"-spec microcontrollers doing things like driving LCD/LED/VFD displays and reading pushbuttons, knobs and encoders (of the rotary kind), but for all the actual work, they use whopping great ICs designed especially for the purpose in mind... and they're rarely prototype-friendly.

Ayer, Massachusetts, USA
Edison Member
View Profile

I'm trying to do a project where i can send video from a DLSR (such as canon 5d) wirelessly to a monitor.
The goal is to send via the hdmi output to a encoder so it can downrez 1080p to 720p and comrpess to a codec suitable for wireless transfer ( thinking h.264), then the receiver side is outputing via hdmi to the monitor.
Is it faeasible with an encoder (smallest one ) then a version of arduino and 2.4ghz modules ?

best regards
J.
As others have said, the Arduino just does not have enough horse power to do it.  For composite video, something like this should work: http://www.ebay.com/itm/300773431056?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

I would imagine there are wireless hdmi setups now as well.

If you wanted to shoot remotely, there are devices like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pixel-LV-W1-3-0-LCD-Live-View-Wireless-Remote-for-5D-Mark-2-/140804251513?pt=Camera_Camcorder_Remotes&hash=item20c8965f79
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 04:22:27 pm by MichaelMeissner » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: