Go Down

Topic: VBB arduino emulator (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

Nick Gammon

Look, Hani, the world of computers is filled with acronyms. I thought for a while you were talking about Visual Basic (VB). If you are going to throw in an acronym like VBB it would be courteous to provide a link, as Quick5pnt0 eventually did, so we can see what you are talking about.

If I may suggest, asking how to do something in VBB would be best directed to the VBB web site. How are we supposed to know?

And since this is the programming section, how about posting some code?

Read this before posting a programming question

Your original question:

program code is written using javascript (not sure, an example below for defining an integer) .... so how can i write the port manipulation commands such as PORT, PIN and DDR?

is pretty meaningless here.

This is a forum for answering programming questions about the Arduino (and therefore in C or C++). Not Javascript questions about a Virtual Breadboard.
http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

PeterH

If you want US to help YOU then the onus is on YOU to provide enough information about your problem for us to understand it. We should not have to Google for links to the product you are using and guess whether this is the right one.

You're asking about how to use an emulator. You assume we know which one, but you haven't told us (until somebody else suggested which one it might be). You imply that you expect it to provide a runtime environment similar to the Arduino one, although it is clearly NOT using the Arduino hardware, runtime software or even the same programming language, and you've declined to explain how this relates to Arduino. My conclusion: it's nothing to do with Arduino. If you want to know how to use the emulator, go ask the people who supply and support it.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Hani

This was helpful  Nick Gammon  .... ok I attached some photos of my work.... and here is the code

Code: [Select]

import muvium.compatibility.arduino.*;

static final int voltone = 2;
static final int volttwo = 4;
static final int voltthree = 7;
static final int voltfour = 8;
static final int voltfive = 9;
static final int voltsix = 10;
static final int voltseven = 12;

public void setup()   
{   

DDRD = DDRD | B11111100;
    DDRB = B00001111;
}

public void loop()     
{
PORTD = PORTD |B11111100; 
delay(500);
PORTB = B00001111;
delay(500);
}
}

My question is that how can I use the port manipulation commands in this arduino emulator?

Hani

We should not have to Google for links to the product you are using and guess whether this is the right one.

You're asking about how to use an emulator. You assume we know which one, but you haven't told us (until somebody else suggested which one it might be). You imply that you expect it to provide a runtime environment similar to the Arduino one, although it is clearly NOT using the Arduino hardware, runtime software or even the same programming language, and you've declined to explain how this relates to Arduino. My conclusion: it's nothing to do with Arduino. If you want to know how to use the emulator, go ask the people who supply and support it.

no need for you to know which emulator is that in order to answer .... the type of the emulator is irrelevant to the subject.... my question does not involve the emulator capabilities... my question was PURE programming

Go Up