Go Down

Topic: ENC28J60 Ethernet Shield Compile Errors (Read 610 times) previous topic - next topic

dbmiller5

Hi guys,

I am trying to make this work: http://www.nuelectronics.com/estore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=4

I install the library and run an example but i get many of compile errors.  Here is an example error.
Code: [Select]
C:\arduino-1.0.1-windows\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\etherShield\enc28j60.c: In function 'enc28j60WriteOp':
C:\arduino-1.0.1-windows\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\etherShield\enc28j60.c:66: error: 'LOW' undeclared (first use in this function)
C:\arduino-1.0.1-windows\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\etherShield\enc28j60.c:73: error: 'HIGH' undeclared (first use in this function)

I believe the problem is the way the variables were defined.  Example:
Code: [Select]
#define CSACTIVE digitalWrite(ENC28J60_CONTROL_CS, LOW)
How can I make this work?  Any suggestions?

PaulS

I install the library

In the wrong place. User downloaded libraries do NOT go in the core library folder.

How can I make this work?  Any suggestions?

That library has not been upgraded to 1.0+. Which version of the IDE are you using?

If it is 1.0+, change WConstants,h to Arduino.h in all the files that include WConstants.h.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy