Go Down

Topic: [solved] Phi Prompt menu examples will not compile (Read 5317 times) previous topic - next topic

digimate

I go to wondering why I have version 1.0.1    Maybe it's just because that was what had been packaged for the distro.   So, I just downloaded 1.5.1 and installed in a temp directory.   It seems to work fine, and it compiles the Phi prompt examples without error too.

So I guess that gets around the problem for me.  Strange how 1.0.1 wouldn't work though...

liuzengqiang

Let's get rid of that version then. I just wasted my time install 1.0.3 then. It compiles as well as 1.0 and 1.5.

The program you are trying to compile will need a 4*4 matrix keypad to navigate the menu, just FYI.
Serial LCD keypad panel,phi_prompt user interface library,SDI-12 USB Adapter

digimate

Let's get rid of that version then.

Yep, and thanks for the help.  Being new to this, if you hadn't mentioned other versions of the IDE, I would never have thought to go looking.

liuzengqiang

1.5 is probably considered experimental. It does have nice compiler option feature though.

liuzengqiang

A request: could you change the topic to [solved] and edit the first post to say don't use arduino 1.0.1? Use 1.0, 1.0.3 or 1.5 Thanks.

digimate

A request: could you change the topic to [solved] and edit the first post to say don't use arduino 1.0.1? Use 1.0, 1.0.3 or 1.5 Thanks.

Done - and thanks again.

Go Up