Go Down

Topic: My Arduino Kit WTF Moment (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

modeller

Must be a very greedy non-company owned franchise outlet store? Mine has it for $29.99, same as their mail order price:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12268262

I dunno. But I know this resistor pak is a rip off because I've seen it at several stores -

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=17085906&locale=en_US

Half the compartments in the box are empty and there must be no more than 50 resistors in it. I was shocked when I looked at it. For $25 it should be crammed to overflowing with resistors.

retrolefty

Feb 10, 2013, 03:28 am Last Edit: Feb 10, 2013, 03:30 am by retrolefty Reason: 1
Yes a lot of RS components and parts are very expensive compared to what you can get them for elsewhere, especially on-line these days. But many people lack either that knowledge or are too impatient to wait.
I look in RS once in a while when the wife is shopping nearby, but rarely buy stuff there. But I was surprised that they sell the Uno at normal retail price. Except apparently at your local outlet?

Check out this place if prices are important to you. I spend $20 the night CrossRoads posted this place and got over 118 items.

Lefty

tpa10

I know what he means about the "WTF" moment though, have been down that "garden path" myself.  On the other hand, somebody around here seems to awful "lucky", don't think I would want to be standing too close to modeller when there is lighting about ;)

I know that RS does sell the starter kit for ~ $69, maybe the boxes/packages got mixed up on the shelf/hanger.
While it is true they are somewhat over-priced, if it isn't too much, I don't mind, as I just as soon spend the bucks locally.

On another note:  any recommendations on some decent (hopefully open source) diagramming software?  I thought I saw a reference to the program used for the examples and such, but I can't seem to find it.  I'm a real "noobie", but i am thoroughly hooked.

JimboZA

I thought I saw a reference to the program used for the examples and such, but I can't seem to find it

You thinking of Fritzing? It does pix like the attached.
No PMs for help please. Not active on this forum any more.

tpa10

Yes, thanks! recognized the name as soon as I saw it in "print" again.

Go Up