Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: My Arduino Kit WTF Moment  (Read 2119 times)
TX
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Must be a very greedy non-company owned franchise outlet store? Mine has it for $29.99, same as their mail order price:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12268262

I dunno. But I know this resistor pak is a rip off because I've seen it at several stores -

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=17085906&locale=en_US

Half the compartments in the box are empty and there must be no more than 50 resistors in it. I was shocked when I looked at it. For $25 it should be crammed to overflowing with resistors.

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

Yes a lot of RS components and parts are very expensive compared to what you can get them for elsewhere, especially on-line these days. But many people lack either that knowledge or are too impatient to wait.
 I look in RS once in a while when the wife is shopping nearby, but rarely buy stuff there. But I was surprised that they sell the Uno at normal retail price. Except apparently at your local outlet?

Check out this place if prices are important to you. I spend $20 the night CrossRoads posted this place and got over 118 items.

Lefty
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 09:30:20 pm by retrolefty » Logged

View Profile

I know what he means about the "WTF" moment though, have been down that "garden path" myself.  On the other hand, somebody around here seems to awful "lucky", don't think I would want to be standing too close to modeller when there is lighting about smiley-wink

I know that RS does sell the starter kit for ~ $69, maybe the boxes/packages got mixed up on the shelf/hanger.
While it is true they are somewhat over-priced, if it isn't too much, I don't mind, as I just as soon spend the bucks locally.

On another note:  any recommendations on some decent (hopefully open source) diagramming software?  I thought I saw a reference to the program used for the examples and such, but I can't seem to find it.  I'm a real "noobie", but i am thoroughly hooked.

Johannesburg. UTC+2
Faraday Member
View Profile

I thought I saw a reference to the program used for the examples and such, but I can't seem to find it

You thinking of Fritzing? It does pix like the attached.

* one servo.jpg (889.78 KB, 2838x1473 - viewed 12 times.)

Roy from ITCrowd: Have you tried turning it off and on again?
I'm on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimbrownza

View Profile

Yes, thanks! recognized the name as soon as I saw it in "print" again.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: