Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: My 1st Home Automation system  (Read 15401 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

sorry *him

View Profile

hi,  smiley
 thanks for posting such a useful information. smiley-grin
 actually, i am making same project. since now, i am able to access my ethernet shield from web browser of same network but i am still a newbie in field of networking and i dont know how to route the traffic to arduino through a router. i m using a router after a modem which further signals my arduino and laptop. so, can u tell in steps, what is procedure to operate ethernet shield from different network. i am using dynamic dns service. i m waiting eagerly for your response. this is veryyyyyy important for me. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me.  smiley-confuse

London
View Profile

as for the buttons, i used an iframe within the webpage which i directed all links to. That way, new tabs arent opened every time a button is pressed.

Many thanks for posting the info. I have  tried the appGeyser which is great.
Any chance of you posting the html code which shows how the iframe and ip addresses
are coded?

Austin

View Profile

Very nice done

Philippines
nO matTer hOw giFteD yoU arE you aLone cAnt cHangE the wOrLd
View Profile

Im currently working with this one also. Like Austin questions,

as for the buttons, i used an iframe within the webpage which i directed all links to. That way, new tabs arent opened every time a button is pressed.

Many thanks for posting the info. I have  tried the appGeyser which is great.
Any chance of you posting the html code which shows how the iframe and ip addresses
are coded?

Austin

Thanks in advanced.

Protocol
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 07:52:29 am by protocol » Logged

Sydney, Australia
View Profile

hi,  smiley
 thanks for posting such a useful information. smiley-grin
 actually, i am making same project. since now, i am able to access my ethernet shield from web browser of same network but i am still a newbie in field of networking and i dont know how to route the traffic to arduino through a router. i m using a router after a modem which further signals my arduino and laptop. so, can u tell in steps, what is procedure to operate ethernet shield from different network. i am using dynamic dns service. i m waiting eagerly for your response. this is veryyyyyy important for me. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me.  smiley-confuse

This may be too late for you - but you will need to put a port forward on your router to the IP address of the Arduino for the traffic - however note there is absolutely no security with this - i personally would look at some sort of Raspberry PI or something else in front of it that you could do a web proxy or captive style portal on if you were thinking of opening this to the outside world

Craig

View Profile

For those of you who need a similar Android App - check this out :
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=127770.0

This is exactly what my boyfriend wants to get into! His birthday is coming up, can someone tell me / direct me to what I need to buy to get home started? Please:)

cya
R
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 11:51:49 am by RB » Logged

Napoli
Post fata resurgo
View Profile

Very nice, have you considered how expand your network if you would like to have more than one Arduino node. Lets say that you would automate something into another room.

I'm been working on this and I've the code and the app, it could be nice have some try togheter. Have a look at this post http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=80589.0

Regards,
Dario.

Souliss - Open-source Distributed Home Automation with Arduino and Android

http://www.souliss.net
Follow at @soulissteam

@veseotech

View Profile

Good morning all,pls I am new to arduino and  am a final year student Electrical and Electronics Engineering of the Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun, Delta State, Nigeria. I just got my final year project topic which is the Design and Implementation of a coded MicroController based Home Automation System, I want to make it simple and of low cost for me. I have gone through many similar projects on the web, please advice on the necessary parts to buy and their cost. I like the wired (using RS232) and wireless (bluetooth) method of communication with home appliances using both the laptop and android devices(phones). Thank you for your time and due consideration, I'd really really appreciate any help you give on how to get my project started. Hope you will reply soon

View Profile

hi, I was just introduced to the Arduino systems this past November. My first project consist of an UNO board, paired with an ethernet shield along with a 4 channel relay board. Additionally, i made a simple Android app to accommodate my setup. As a newcomer, I would gladly help any other newcomer who are trying to build a home automation system. Here are some pics of my setup. What do you guys think?

Hi i am also a beginner in Home Automation my idea was to reduce cost and to build a complete home automation so hours of research on Home Automation i finally decided to build one which can be controlled through web(within network or outside) from any device without the use of any external hardware or computer ,the server is hosted on arduino with ethernet shield+SD card .
System Function
parts used :
Arduino Mega2560 for transmitter
Arduino uno for the receiver
Ethernet Shield with SD card
LCD 15 x2
LM35
RF Transmitter/Receiver
Relays

System Over View
First i build a transmitter box(  MEGA+Ethernet shield+SD+Rf Transmitter+LM35+Lcd  ) which is connected to my router and my web server is hosted on this transmitter box.
secondly i build a receiver box(arduino uno depend on the number of pin needed + RF receiver+ relay) which is connected to  to my room switch board.

Working Of the System
1)First turn on both the transmitter box and receiver box
2)If the receiver box is connected to the transmitter box(server) then it will show the status light otherwise not which helps the user to know that the receiver box is connected if some how server(transmitter box) is not responding or not working then the status light will be OFF , when anyone accessed the web page then the status light will blink so it will let us know that it is connected to that device and the user can use it. after that you can control the lights / see temperature of the rooms .The advantage of this device is that you can add N number of rooms( receiver box )and can be controlled it from the transmitter box  and easily you can program the N number of web switches.

* WP_20140522_006.jpg (1497.94 KB, 2000x3552 - viewed 123 times.)

View Profile

inside the transmitter box

* WP_20140522_001.jpg (2172.66 KB, 3552x2000 - viewed 125 times.)

* Untitled1.png (18.88 KB, 383x513 - viewed 36 times.)

* Untitled2.png (16.15 KB, 379x475 - viewed 42 times.)

* Untitled3.png (20.91 KB, 378x537 - viewed 52 times.)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 08:06:18 am by rakesh90 » Logged

Napoli
Post fata resurgo
View Profile

Nice work, but (if you haven't) ground your case otherwise you want be safe in case of faults.

Regards,
Dario.

Souliss - Open-source Distributed Home Automation with Arduino and Android

http://www.souliss.net
Follow at @soulissteam

@veseotech

View Profile

hi ROBV15 ,
really nice work there,  I've recently started a similar project.  I am confused if your system is accessible from the app you made just over the same network or worldwide?
I hope I could use your suggestion.

regards.

Hi! This is Sudheer. I always like to learn and share the information about various electronics concepts and latest technology.
View Profile

Hi!

Can you provide some more detailed informative documentation? I have recently studied a post about this Home Automation System. The concept was very impressive and I planned to once work on this project. And now, I have seen that you built the home automation system using Arduino... It is very interesting. Kindly give some more information about its working and application.

View Profile

hi sudheerelktronics ,
Just look on this site it helped me a lot in home automation http://blog.startingelectronics.com/?p=546

Regards
Rakesh

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Jump to: