Go Down

Topic: extreem slow/percise stepper control (Read 784 times) previous topic - next topic

ralphnev

i would like to drive a stepper on the order of 1000's (5000-10000?) steps per 1/3 of a revolution
(a 400 step / rev .. 1.8deg/step will not work ...)

how easy is it to attach a stepper to attach a stepper to a worm/planetary gearbox ?

or is there a source of dc motors that could be driven at ~ .1 -0.05 RPM  (600sec/rev - 1200sec/rev)

i would like to drive a stepper on the order of 1000's (5000-10000?) steps per 1/3 of a revolution
(a 400 step / rev .. 1.8deg/step will not work ...)
how easy is it to attach a stepper to attach a stepper to a worm/planetary gearbox ?
or is there a source of dc motors that could be driven at ~ .1 -0.05 RPM  (600sec/rev - 1200sec/rev)

Wow that's pretty demanding. To answer your question try this site http://en.nanotec.com/steppermotor_lowcost.html. The alternative is a something like a telescope taracker motor or is your demads are not heavy you might want to look at an egg turner motor that does 1 revolution every 2 hours.

ralphnev

hmmm .. nice ones --
a bit more serching has brought me to
www.servocity.com which has 
Worm Drive Gearbox (Vertical Shaft) Product # WDG30P
used with a
1 RPM Gear Motor Product # RZ12-3000-1RPM
gets me down to 30min/Rev which is roughly where i want to be ...
(they also have a 0.5 rpm .. 1hour /rev .... might be too long ...
not inexpencive & i'm worried about vibration but may have to try it ....

MarkT

For that resolution you may have issues with backlash - do you need to change direction ever?  If so
then a low- or zero-backlash geartrain will be needed.
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

ralphnev

only need to change direction at the end of a run (1/3 of a revolution,10min or so)

I'm mostly conserned about vibration/ this mech. will be holding optics 

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy