Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Please Need Help to combine two codes  (Read 839 times)
East Anglia (UK)
Faraday Member
May all of your blinks be without delay()
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

You MUST have a setup() function, that is what the error message is telling you.  Copy the statements from both setup() functions into setup() in the new combined code.  Look out for conflicts such as the same pin being used for different purposes in each original program. 

If you are still stuck after combining the 2 setup() functions post your whole code here again.  There is no point looking at your code as it is now because there is no setup() function.

Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

Copy the statements from both setup() functions into setup() in the new combined code.
Or, better yet, call the two setupxxxx() functions that you do have from the new setup() function.

East Anglia (UK)
Faraday Member
May all of your blinks be without delay()
View Profile

Good idea. although I think it would be easier to spot conflicts, especially in the use of pins, if the setup was in one function rather than two.

Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

Good idea. although I think it would be easier to spot conflicts, especially in the use of pins, if the setup was in one function rather than two.
Agreed. Though, the code should probably be moved, then, not copied.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: