Go Down

Topic: Servo problems... (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

rdeans

thanks..

what power supply should I run the servos off of?

zoomkat

thanks..
what power supply should I run the servos off of?

External at ~6v.

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

PaulS

This is what I'm getting in the Serial monitor:

That's a little hard to believe. That means that you are getting, parsing and using a complete sentence from the GPS approximately every 8 milliseconds, at 9600 baud, or 125 per sentences per second. I don't believe that that is the case.

PeterH

That means that you are getting, parsing and using a complete sentence from the GPS approximately every 8 milliseconds, at 9600 baud, or 125 per sentences per second.

No, it doesn't mean that. It means that a single character is being received in that time - which is credible.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

PaulS

No, it doesn't mean that.

The Serial.print() statements are inside the if(gps.decode(c)) block, which, according to the comment, returns true only when the end of sentence marker arrives. So, that looks to me like they should happen only when the $ at the end of the NMEA sentence arrives.

Never mind. I went back and looked at the code. I assumed some curly braces that were not really there.

OP: I wanted you to print the time only when you got a complete sentence, so we could see how long that was taking.

It's a good idea to always use curly braces, so that you can add code to a block (or not), and it is clear that the code is (or is not) part of a block.

Go Up