Go Down

Topic: Womart TFT LCD Shield + Touch Panel Display (Read 11 times) previous topic - next topic

alfelipe

I recently purchased in womarts a two-boards "TFT LCD Shield + Touch Panel Display"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-2-TFT-LCD-Shield-Touch-Panel-Display-w-SD-Reader-for-Arduino-Mega-2560-A080-/261037203378?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc7079fb2

and not get it to work, I have only a black screen. I'm using the sketch demo UTFT_Demo_320x240 from library UTFT.
Has anyone managed to run this?

Massey

There is another thread here that has a video linked that shows the solution.  You simply need to change the line:

UTFT myGLCD(ITDB24E_16,38,39,40,41);   // Remember to change the model parameter to suit your display module!

to :UTFT myGLCD(ITDB32S,38,39,40,41);   // Remember to change the model parameter to suit your display module!

Notice the difference in the areas I have colored in?  I have the sainsmart version of this screen and this fixed it for me.

Hope this helps

Massey

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check ma

alfelipe

Hi.
For a moment I thought I had found the solution in this forum and on the website of Henning Karlsen, but still does not work.
I even followed the instructions of Womarts and tried with the ITDB02_Graph16 reccomended. This library and examples are and obsolete and outdated, but also recommended by Womarts.

Still not working. I even downloaded the data sheets of the HY-TFT320 tft screen to follow the signals from the Arduino Mega 2560. First thing is to choose the type "2" in UTFT header "# define ITDB32S", choosing library SSD1289 16 bits.
See attached image.

However, could you tell me where I can see the video explaining? It came not attached.

I'm starting to doubt that this device has a manufacturing fault.

Massey

I got the same files as you did with my SainSmart version of this LCD.  I didnt link the video and the author does not speak durring the video he just deleted some characters and retyped them.  THe lines I listed in my last post here will fix your issue.  This line is in the beginning of the program.  Just make the changes I have listed and try it again.  The guy that developed the  ITDB02_Graph16 software told me that he no longer supports this as it is over a year old.  I can understan no longer developing on the old tech but making the old files still available would be nice. 

Massey
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check ma

fabz56

Hi alfelipe,
did you manage to run your device ?
because I've just received mine from womarts and I have the same problem  :~

Go Up