Go Down

Topic: Womart TFT LCD Shield + Touch Panel Display (Read 12640 times) previous topic - next topic

About Womart 2.4" TFTLCD.

On their website they tell the model is spfd5408.

I googled that number.  I get a lot of information,  but nothing making it work with Arduino.

I can use Arduino 0023 to write programs for this TFTLCD.

Also, if you get a sketch is too big error in the examples under UTFT, all you need to do is comment out the #include directive for UTFT.h and the go to sketch menu and use import library to put UTFT back in the program.  This puts an #include directive for savmemory.h in ahead of UTFT.  I still can't get them to run, but this lets me load them.

Keep Trying!
Ray Collins

Also, if you get a sketch is too big error in the examples under UTFT, all you need to do is comment out the #include directive for UTFT.h and the go to sketch menu and use import library to put UTFT back in the program.  This puts an #include directive for savmemory.h in ahead of UTFT.  I still can't get them to run, but this lets me load them.

I really wish people would read the ******* manual...

In the box marked 'IMPORTANT' you will find the following paragraph:
Since most people have only one or possibly two different display modules a lot of memory has been wasted to keep support for many unneeded controller chips.
As of v1.1 you now have the option to easily remove this unneeded code from the library. By disabling the controllers you don't need you can reduce the memory footprint of the library by several Kb. For more information, please refer to memorysaver.h.

To make use of the feature you will actually have to make some modifications to the file, but including it in the sketch does absolutely nothing as it is already included by UTFT.cpp.

/Henning

DmitryR

Hello gentlemen,
could someone help me with basic sketch for Womarts 2.4" TFT LCD shield on Arduino Mega 2560?
I'm very new to this kind of devices, and has spent two nights reading forum and searching for any useful data about this shield.

All I managed to do is to read touchscreen data and get LCD driver identifier "C0C0" which was unrecognized by Adafruit TFTLCD library and sketch. I was able to do that in Arduino 1.0.5 IDE.
Here's console output:

TFT LCD test
Using Adafruit 2.8" TFT Arduino Shield Pinout
Unknown LCD driver chip: C0C0
If using the Adafruit 2.8" TFT Arduino shield, the line:
  #define USE_ADAFRUIT_SHIELD_PINOUT
should appear in the library header (Adafruit_TFT.h).
If using the breakout board, it should NOT be #defined!
Also if using the breakout, double-check that all wiring
matches the tutorial.

The screen leaves white all the time.

I'm unsure about pins setup.
Does anyone know possible directions to check?

Also just got one... Will try to get it to work and do a "how to" for the new version of Arduino 1.0.5

Contacted Womarts.com and was sent a copy of TFTLCD library - works on Arduino 1.0.5! Where can I put this up on the web easily for others to find?

lcd1602

hello,
I also Womart Shield TFT LCD + Touch Panel Display.
  how does the sd card, so far no result!
thank you for your reading.
(Exusez my English is google translation)

tao13

hi all
someone who tried this type of lcd on arduino mega?
many thanks

tecevit

hi all
someone who tried this type of lcd on arduino mega?
many thanks

I am trying, with no success ..

tecevit

Feb 07, 2014, 10:51 pm Last Edit: Feb 07, 2014, 10:54 pm by tecevit Reason: 1
Then i  have seen the following comments  for Arduino Mega, connected the shield with jumper cables ( using 22-29 )
and it works :-)[/img][/img]

// When using the BREAKOUT BOARD only, use these 8 data lines to the LCD:
// For the Arduino Uno, Duemilanove, Diecimila, etc.:
//   D0 connects to digital pin 8  (Notice these are
//   D1 connects to digital pin 9   NOT in order!)
//   D2 connects to digital pin 2
//   D3 connects to digital pin 3
//   D4 connects to digital pin 4
//   D5 connects to digital pin 5
//   D6 connects to digital pin 6
//   D7 connects to digital pin 7
// For the Arduino Mega, use digital pins 22 through 29
// (on the 2-row header at the end of the board).

cbox83

i have this same TFT shield... First off THANK YOU for all the help getting it working so far. I hadn't seen it do anything except a white screen until today...

My final issue is the text... it is inverted (reads backwards)

It seems the X and Y axis are being drawn in reverse. Can someone direct me on how to correct this?

casemod

Thats because that LCD controller is not what everyone thinks it is

The controller is a ST7781R.

Get the right libraries and you dont need to use the old arduino, just load them as usual to V1.05 r2 or whatever the last version is.

Ill probably make a DIY topic at some point.

Go Up