Go Down

Topic: Need help with upload error (Read 490 times) previous topic - next topic

hmarrero

Hello All,

While running the Blink program on the sketch, I am having the following error on upload:

##########################################################
Found programmer: Id = "B¡K"; type =
Software Version =  . ; Hardware Version =   .
avrdude:  error:  buffered memory access not supported. maybe it
isn't
a butterfly/AVR109 but a AVR910 device?

###########################################################

I am using an Arduino Micro powered through the USB port with no hardware connected to any of the pins.

The arduino is connected to a Samsung QX series laptop updated to Windows 8 (Which I am starting to hate).

I installed the driver as a Compaq Modem set at 9600 baud.

The Arduino Micro is selected.
When I run  the serial monitor the serial data window pops and data appears in the form of the word TESTATA followed by a
carriage return and line feed. This is repeated in an endless loop for as long as the pop up window is open.

When I upload I can see the Arduino resetting automatically and the TX Led blinks a few times. Then the upload times out.

Anyone seen this error before? Any help will be appreciated.

Hugo

hmarrero

Problem Solved....

Initially since I am working with Windows 8 the driver did not download. Since the driver is almost identical to the compaq modem, I loaded it as a modem and it appeared to comminicate well. WHile it may work with other Arduino boards it does not work with the Arduino Micro. Later I found the proper way to load the driver in Windows 8.

Lessons Learned?

1- Not all Arduinos are built the same way
2- RTFM

Hugo

A4kash

There is youtube vodeo for that.when i also used to have the same problem dwnloading arduino ide and later came to know about the similarity with compaq modem.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy