Go Down

Topic: WS2811 in DIP package, where to buy? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

fungus

Feb 07, 2013, 01:30 pm Last Edit: Feb 07, 2013, 01:32 pm by fungus Reason: 1
The WS2811 datasheet mentions it's available in an 8-pin DIP package.

Does anybody know where you can buy them in small quantities?

(I'm guessing they'll be horribly expensive if you can get them but you never know...)

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

johnwasser

The manufacturer (http://www.world-semi.com/) seems to be offline.

I can't find ANY source for the DIP-8 version in ANY quantity.  If you want to use that chip you may need to learn surface-mount soldering so you can use the SOP-8 package.
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

fungus

The manufacturer (http://www.world-semi.com/) seems to be offline.

I can't find ANY source for the DIP-8 version in ANY quantity.  If you want to use that chip you may need to learn surface-mount soldering so you can use the SOP-8 package.

Maybe...but then I'd need suitable PCBs, etc., as well.

It's just an idea I had for running half a dozen 12mm RGB LEDs while keeping cabling to a minimum.

I guess I'll have to figure out another way to do it. Maybe there's a WS2811/WS2801 breakout board out there for a reasonable price.

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

CrossRoads

The only place I have seen WorldSemi parts offered is e-bay from a company in Niagara Falls.
I would try that.
Search for WS2803 which I know they sell and work back to their store from there.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

CrossRoads

John,
Ready for a little snow?
Could put a damper on Friday night traffic 8)
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Go Up