Go Down

Topic: School project using color sensors and transporting. (Read 41 times) previous topic - next topic

Icakassen

Hello i've gotten myself into a school project and now i'm charge of setting up a color sensor that will detect a skittle's color to make a trapdoor open and it dropping down into it. We are making this project for a small company close to the school and their requirements are that we build it small, maximum size is about 1x1x1 metre and we have to move our skittles with a spiral that can either look like this or this that is my main problem to get the color sensor to work with the moving of our skittles. Here is a picture of the companies actual product this is now a small part of the whole system but it's what i'm going to focus on. I'll give you a link to the whole pdf about their main product so you can see it as a whole but it is going to be in Swedish. Page 2 contains the picture about the product.

I've come across a lot of different color sensors you can you use with an arduino card but all with a very short range and the object it needs to detect should be atleast big enough to cover the 4 led's if now i'm going with a TCS230

I'm sorry for the bad grammar but i'd really appreciate the help. If you have any questions please tell me about it so i can clarify my post. Thanks for reading and hopefully helping me out.

Johnny010

Well...using different coloured LEDs and shining a light on to the skittle and recording the feedback voltage from an LDR would work...

A red skittle will reflect a lot more rd light back than any other...
A blue.....................................blue....................................

etc. etc.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy