Go Down

Topic: Going to create a drone. What motors to use? (Read 380 times) previous topic - next topic

Domino60

What else i should think about?
We talked about motors, props, weight, esc and battery.

Next step is to talk about the Transmitter/Receiver, the main circuit which will communicate with the Tx/Rx
will have the options to control the ESC/Motors and the balancing code.

One option is to build everything by yourself, another way is to buy everything.
To be or not to be? Read a book and you will see.

k7zpj

You might want to check out some of the Open Source DIY drone projects for ideas/info.

I built my quad copter using the AeroQuad Shield V2.2 with an Arduino Mega 2560.

http://aeroquad.com/showwiki.php?title=AeroQuad-Manual

Domino60

Aug 18, 2016, 01:18 am Last Edit: Aug 18, 2016, 01:20 am by Domino60
It's good to use ready made shields but it's better to build your own homemade circuits
to do exact tasks, (personally I hate shields, making a circuit sandwich) :D

This is a photo of my personal Airplane drone circuit, this circuit is the ground control Transmitter,
double side.
To be or not to be? Read a book and you will see.

softt

Hey. I received my motors, propellers, ESC's, battery, charger.
I played with the motors a little and I managed to controll them and create a function to change the speed. So everything is great.
About the remote, I'm going to use a RF transmitter and receiver to send commands. I think it is going to be easy.

About the balancing system. How to create that?
I was thinking to use a gyroscope. When the drone is tilting in a way without permission, the gyroscop will send a signal to motors to increase the speed where needed.
Not sure if this is a great idea.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy