Go Down

Topic: "Send" PC -> Arduino via Bluetooth (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Nick_Pyner

I have the same module, I think. I have been sitting on this for a while. I think your problem may be in the first line. Try it.
Code: [Select]

int incomingByte = 0;   // for incoming serial data

void setup() {
        Serial.begin(9600);     // opens serial port, sets data rate to 9600 bps
}

void loop() {

// send data only when you receive data:
        if (Serial.available() > 0) {
                // read the incoming byte:
                incomingByte = Serial.read();

// say what you got:
                Serial.print("I received: ");
                Serial.println(incomingByte, DEC);
        }
}

rabee3

I have the same module, I think. I have been sitting on this for a while. I think your problem may be in the first line. Try it.
Code: [Select]

int incomingByte = 0;   // for incoming serial data

void setup() {
        Serial.begin(9600);     // opens serial port, sets data rate to 9600 bps
}

void loop() {

// send data only when you receive data:
        if (Serial.available() > 0) {
                // read the incoming byte:
                incomingByte = Serial.read();

// say what you got:
                Serial.print("I received: ");
                Serial.println(incomingByte, DEC);
        }
}

Nope same problem, i don't get any response on Arduino's Serial moniter when i enter something
Same code works over USB
I believe it is a connectivity error , as even if i try the "AT" commands, i get no response from the module.
As i mentioned before , i have it connected on Toshiba Bluetooth stack, COM40, and i can only recieve data programmed from arduino, obviously sending from PC-module-arduino is going wrong

HazardsMind

Dont use the serial monitor to send things over bluetooth, it doesn't work. Use either Putty or hyperterminal. Setup your COM channel and see if they connect. Do a simple message to like "I have connected to the PC", ok. Then try to read something from the PC. NOTE you will not see what you enter unless you echo the input, back to the monitor.
Created Libraries:
TFT_Extension, OneWireKeypad, SerialServo, (UPD)WiiClassicController, VWID

rabee3

Dont use the serial monitor to send things over bluetooth, it doesn't work. Use either Putty or hyperterminal. Setup your COM channel and see if they connect. Do a simple message to like "I have connected to the PC", ok. Then try to read something from the PC. NOTE you will not see what you enter unless you echo the input, back to the monitor.

Thanks for reply
Tried it over COM4 (USB) on Putty and it gives me back a message
Then I switch to COM40 (Bluetooth) , don't get any messages

Go Up