Go Down

Topic: How do i change direction (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

PeterH

Some will probably ask me why i dont just use a position servo so i will reveal right away that i need to control the torque, NOT the position.

You could use torque feedback to control the position of a standard servo just as easily as you could use it to control the torque of a DC motor - probably *more* easily in fact, since the servo already incorporates a feedback system which ensures that it meets your demanded position accurately, whereas you can only guess at the approximate relationship between current and torque from a DC motor since the relationship varies all over the places as the motor moves.

If you can get a servo capable of providing the torque you need, I recommend that you use that instead of the motor.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

MrBear

Of cause - i get it now.

After installing a button everything is working well.
Now i have control of the speed and the direction of the motor.
So i guess the next step is PID? or am i goint too fast again?

@PeterH
You are probably right, but this is proof of concept on a patent. So i MUST build a system that works by reading a torque transducer and using that signal to apply torque (not position controlled) to the wheels on the road in order to make them turn.

Krodal

So i guess the next step is PID? or am i goint too fast again?

No, you are right on track.

But what about a single function that controls the speed and direction of the motor ? Like I wrote before with a parameter from -1000 to +1000. That way the PID can be set to those limits and the function will take care of the direction.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy