Go Down

Topic: Access ENC28J60 etherShield Outside Home Network (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

dbmiller5

Feb 09, 2013, 02:51 am Last Edit: Feb 09, 2013, 03:32 am by dbmiller5 Reason: 1

Some ISPs block port 80 access to home accounts to prevent commercial use. You might try another port.

I tried this but it didnt work.  I could not even see the page using my wan IP and a random port.  I thought this was a good idea but...

Can you post the source of a sample web page, i.e. what the browser actually receives? I don't want to have to wade through the code guessing what it does. Most browsers provide a means to show the source of the currently loaded page. Just paste the source here, in CODE tags.

Good idea!
Code: [Select]

<center><p><h1>Welcome to the DBM Switch Controller </h1></p> <hr><br><form METHOD=get action="http://192.168.1.15/"><h2> REMOTE SWITCH: </h2> <h1><font color="#00FF00"> ON  </font></h1><br> <input type=hidden name=cmd value=3><input type=submit value="Switch off"></form>

UKHeliBob

The only IP address in that page source is the local address of your Arduino, should it not be the public address of your router ?
Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

dbmiller5

The only IP address in that page source is the local address of your Arduino, should it not be the public address of your router ?

When I put my public IP in my code, I cannot connect to it from public or private lan.  When I put in the 192.168.1.X in my code, and use my public IP in browser, I can connect to it but other people cannot. 

dbmiller5

I am still stuck on this problem.  Anymore suggestions would be appreciated.

dbmiller5

Go Up