Go Down

Topic: Can't view serial monitor window (anymore...) (Read 980 times) previous topic - next topic

Samfarmer

I just updated Java to version 7 and I can no longer see/view the serial monitor window.  The serial monitor itself opens and begins communicating with my board, but I can't view it.  In my windows task bar I can see the "mini window" and I see it running the sketch.  The TX light on my micro lights up once I open the serial monitor.  In the small task bar window I can see the serial monitor updating every second as its supposed to (patiently waiting for me to input the unix time). 

I'm running Windows 7, Arduino 1.0.3, using a Micro board, and have a RTC connected.  I tried uninstalling Java 7 and reverting back to Java 6 to no avail....  I tried searching for people having similar issues and couldn't find anything. 

This is driving me crazy!  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Coding Badly

Open a command shell.  Run[font=Courier New] SET [/font](no arguments).  Any Java environment variables defined (like[font=Courier New] JAVA_HOME [/font]or[font=Courier New] CLASSPATH[/font])?

Samfarmer

Thank you very much for the response.  I inadvertently figured it out... still have no idea what was happening, but its working now.

Thanks again! 

I've got this problem too!  What's the fix???? Thanks

i got this too. what should i do?
i didn't understand with the way on replied #1.

i hope there is another way, to solve this problem. Thanks

It is likely that it is running in the background. If you are working in Windows Operating Sytem, open Task Manager -> 'Applications' tab and right click on the Serial Monitor window instance and select "Bring to Front" option.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy