Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Recommendations for game design  (Read 89 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I want to construct a game that utilizes voice recognition. I have not started the project, so have no preconceived ideas on how it has to be done. The one core element I read up on is the EasyVR Shield 2.0 - Voice Recognition Shield.

Game details:

Single participant, standing in front of wall mounted box would select 1 of 3 categories by pressing the appropriate button.
3 random question in that category would be asked by the game. If guessed correct a light comes on, otherwise a red light flashes. Each correct answer lights up another light. If all 3 lights come on, I would like them to flash and have a servo motor open a compartment with a prize. Possibly a  siren like sound file to play also

I am looking for some guidance on what hardware is needed. I know I need an Arduino board with a voice recognition shield, LEDs, a servo motor, and guess I would need an mp3 shield but not sure what else may be needed for my scenario.

UK
Shannon Member
-
View Profile

Are you planning to read out the questions and do voice recognition to return the answers? That's a pretty tall order for an Arduino. It would be much easier to implement on a smartphone, tablet, laptop etc. This would also be far better for providing a nice graphical user interface display, and produce sound effects etc. If you want to control mechanical actuators (servos, solenoid latches etc) an Arduino would be sensible to do that part.

I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

View Profile

it would be a learning curve for me, but from the demos I observed it really semed doable with the EasyVR Shield 2.0  and Arduino.

Queens, New York
Faraday Member
"Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most" -Ozzy Osbourne
View Profile

The EasyVR Shield 2.0 can hold up to 32 user- defined trigger words, so if you have 3 categories, then you can only have ten questions each. Selecting a category will change the group of words that must be spoken. Since you want to use a MP3 shield, you can have an array that plays the track and holds the correct answer. If the spoken word matches the answer, then player get a point, not a match, no point. Here is a demo link HERE

Created Libraries:
NPV2 (NewPasswordV2),  TFT_Extension, OneWireKeypad, SerialServo.
Will provide libraries if asked in PM or forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: