Go Down

Topic: Recommended basic C++ Tutorial please (Read 421 times) previous topic - next topic

robgraham

I've done quite a bit of Basic programming over many years but this is my first experience with C/C++.  I'm confused for example by the terminology that is being used ("class", etc) and the use of .h and .cpp files from libraries.  Looking at examples I can see how the program flow is formatted

Can some one kindly point me in the direction of a tutorial that effectively explains the structures in C/C++ without taking me through all the phases learning how to program.  Googling for tutorials produces just too many hits to realistically wade through to get me the structural information I think I need.

I've had a look at the Language Reference and that is helping a bit, but not enough !

Many thanks
Rob

PeterH

Googling for tutorials produces just too many hits to realistically wade through to get me the structural information I think I need.

I'm sure that if you Google for "basic C++ tutorial" you'll get plenty of hits that give the sort of tutorial you need. Of course you don't need to wade through all of them.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

sexybikeman

If you go to youtube and put in "Bucky C++" youll find a link to thenewboston channel.  There you'll find tutorials on all sorts of programming taught by a guy named bucky roberts.  It can get kind of corny and VERY basic at the beginning but it is a good introduction to c++ terminology.  Im at the initial stages of learning the language myself and I find my problem to be that there is a lack of definite tutorial and project pairing out there.  I can learn all the terminology and syntax I want but if Im not given an idea on how it can be used it's hard to make it stick.  Basically just missing that "OOOOOOOOHHHH NOW I get it".

retrolefty

See if this one meets your requirements:

http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial.html

Lefty

CrossRoads

I found the IDE to be like a fancy version of BASIC when I started using it a couple of years go.
The trickiest part was remebering the ; at the end lines, and getting the ( ) and { } to line up for the code chunks being used.
Outside of that, the programming often has more to do with the hardware you are using than the things like classes and .h and .cpp files.
One of the better things you can learn is reading millis( ) and micros( ) and making things happen at scheduled times.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Go Up