Go Down

Topic: Attaching solenoid valve to a container (Read 732 times) previous topic - next topic

sjcomp

I am working on a project in which I am going to control a solenoid valve to allow some amount of drinking water to go through. I got a valve form refrigerator ice maker and I have a tube going into the valve that I need to attach to a water container. I would like to take plastic food container and attach the other end of the tube to it. I am not sure how to do it. I could not find a connector in hardware store that would work for me (everything there was about connecting one end of tube to another). Because essentially I have a flat surface with a hole in it and I need to make sure that there are not leaks around the tube. I guess I can glue it, but I am not sure what glue can be used with drinking water. The outer diameter of the tube is 7mm and inner diameter is 7mm. Any recommendations? Or what would be a good place to ask this questions?

Thanks.

retrolefty

Well the link to your value says it uses 1/4" compression fittings to interface with. That is pretty standard stuff available at larger hardware stores or of course on line.

Lefty

sjcomp

Well the link to your value says it uses 1/4" compression fittings to interface with. That is pretty standard stuff available at larger hardware stores or of course on line.

I have fitting to attach a tube to the valve, what I do not have is a fitting to attach the other end of the tube to a plastic container.

retrolefty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIp2R_y_Ss8

PeterH

The outer diameter of the tube is 7mm and inner diameter is 7mm.

Is this a virtual tube, then? :D
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Go Up