Go Down

Topic: Wall Wart amperage question. (Read 918 times) previous topic - next topic

zoomkat

I would doubt any certified wall wart would catch on fire if the output is dead shorted. I would think that any device with "user accessable" electrical contacts would be designed with the expectation that the user will sooner or later short the contacts.
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

Drew Davis

If I end up going with the wall wart I have, should the fuse be placed on the positive wire or the negative one?

Thanks!

retrolefty

If I end up going with the wall wart I have, should the fuse be placed on the positive wire or the negative one?

Thanks!

Makes no difference, the same current flows through both wires. The convention is to put it on the positive, if the circuit it powers uses a negative common.

Lefty

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Drew Davis

Thanks for the help everybody!

Go Up