Go Down

Topic: Uno shows up in Win device manager - but not in IDE (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Brad G.

I have this problem ALL the time on TWO different Windows 7 machine, with two different Unos.

It works for a while - but if it's "interrupted" (like I unplug the Uno, then re-plug it in) - get gets into this funny state where, even though the Device Manager sees the Uno going aways and comming back (on the SAME COM port) - the IDE no longer sees it.

Even if I quit and restart the IDE, it STILL does not recognize it. Eventually, it does recognize it. (No idea when/why). Rebooting the machine seems to do this. I am *positive* that I am actually shutting down and restarting the IDE.

Any idea why this is happening - or better yet - how to get through it?

Coding Badly

If an application (e.g. Serial Monitor) has a USB-serial port (e.g. your Uno) open and the USB-serial port is removed ("surprise removal" in USB vernacular), Windows gets rather testy.  Usually, shutting down the application, disconnecting the USB device, then reconnecting the USB device clears the problem.

Brad G.

Usually, shutting down the application, disconnecting the USB device, then reconnecting the USB device clears the problem.

Right - problem is, it doesn't  :~

Coding Badly

Even if I quit and restart the IDE, it STILL does not recognize it.

"Does not recognize it"?  Please provide details.

Brad G.

UNO's COM port does not show up in the "Serial Ports" menu, despite showing up in Device Manager.

If you are on a system in which it is the only COM port, the "Serial Ports" menu is greyed-out (ie there are no ports to be listed).

Go Up