Go Down

Topic: Stupid Oscilloscope Tricks W/Arduino (Read 2997 times) previous topic - next topic

modeller

A long time ago I made an HP spectrum analyzer display a TV picture. Couldn't hear the sound but it was a fairly decent black and white picture (well green and white). We also used to make oscilloscopes display patterns. I thought I'd try it with the Arduino. I only used programming and some passive components.

Here's three I got going using the Arduino - square, diamond, and circle :D

Completely useless but fun.

Coding Badly

CrossRoads

I remember playing Tempest in college in the student union in the early 80's.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

retrolefty

Not so stupid scope trick.  ;)

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9306?

Lefty

modeller

Haha! Tempest! Yea baby! That's what I'm after - classic graphics with the Arduino!  :smiley-yell:

karlboll

Not actually arduino but I like playing with Scopeshapes http://sourceforge.net/projects/scopeshapes/. It's windose but runs fine under Wine.
If it exists, hack it.
If it doesn't, create it.

modeller

I got that scope back in 1986, and I paid $461 for it. A Rigol DS1052 costs about $330. However, this scope is pure analog - no "funny business" going on inside that baby! But ... I'll probably buckle and get a new digital scope, I mean, the screen colors are so pretty ...

Here's a hexagon - Looks better in person because my camera effects the image.

AWOL

Feb 10, 2013, 06:12 pm Last Edit: Feb 10, 2013, 06:27 pm by AWOL Reason: 1
I have 8080 assembler source for a version of the original Space Wars vector graphics game from an old edition of Byte, for display on a scope.
The spacecraft and projectiles are subject to the gravity of the star at the centre of the screen.
I actually implemented it in spare time on an 8080 system I worked on in the early 80s, also implementing a "boss" switch to replace the display with a more normal-looking trace for when management was around.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

modeller

I have 8080 assembler source for a version of the original Space Wars vector graphics game from an old edition of Byte, for display on a scope.

That's vintage stuff alright.

Here's a circle with dashes - again sorry for the bad picture. Ah well, guess I'd better move on to bigger and better Arduino projects.

cyberteque

i still have eprom images from those games

and folks say hoarding is unhealthy

Go Up