Go Down

Topic: Stupid Oscilloscope Tricks W/Arduino (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

modeller

A long time ago I made an HP spectrum analyzer display a TV picture. Couldn't hear the sound but it was a fairly decent black and white picture (well green and white). We also used to make oscilloscopes display patterns. I thought I'd try it with the Arduino. I only used programming and some passive components.

Here's three I got going using the Arduino - square, diamond, and circle :D

Completely useless but fun.

Coding Badly

CrossRoads

I remember playing Tempest in college in the student union in the early 80's.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

retrolefty

Not so stupid scope trick.  ;)

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9306?

Lefty

modeller

Haha! Tempest! Yea baby! That's what I'm after - classic graphics with the Arduino!  :smiley-yell:

karlboll

Not actually arduino but I like playing with Scopeshapes http://sourceforge.net/projects/scopeshapes/. It's windose but runs fine under Wine.
First we ignore them, then we make fun of them, then we fight them and then they win so let's cut the crap and just expose them for the corrupt liars they are.

modeller

I got that scope back in 1986, and I paid $461 for it. A Rigol DS1052 costs about $330. However, this scope is pure analog - no "funny business" going on inside that baby! But ... I'll probably buckle and get a new digital scope, I mean, the screen colors are so pretty ...

Here's a hexagon - Looks better in person because my camera effects the image.

AWOL

Feb 10, 2013, 06:12 pm Last Edit: Feb 10, 2013, 06:27 pm by AWOL Reason: 1
I have 8080 assembler source for a version of the original Space Wars vector graphics game from an old edition of Byte, for display on a scope.
The spacecraft and projectiles are subject to the gravity of the star at the centre of the screen.
I actually implemented it in spare time on an 8080 system I worked on in the early 80s, also implementing a "boss" switch to replace the display with a more normal-looking trace for when management was around.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

modeller

I have 8080 assembler source for a version of the original Space Wars vector graphics game from an old edition of Byte, for display on a scope.

That's vintage stuff alright.

Here's a circle with dashes - again sorry for the bad picture. Ah well, guess I'd better move on to bigger and better Arduino projects.

cyberteque

i still have eprom images from those games

and folks say hoarding is unhealthy

Go Up