Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: can I ping between 2 boards and make them react to the ping?  (Read 277 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Well the title more or less describes my question.

I have two arduino boards, both with the wifi shields, which are currently communicating with cosm(pachube). This part works fine and the feeds are running as they should. What I am interested in doing is having each board react when the other board sends a new value to its feed. I know it's possible through a server using API's and POST/GET requests or something along those lines, but I was thinking if it's possible to simply send a ping to the other board's IP address and have it react to the ping? That would make my life a lot easier as I'm not that skilled at the server side of things.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

New Jersey
Faraday Member
View Profile

I doubt it - I don't think your sketch will see evidence of any ICMP activity - the shield handles it. You could do something equivalent with UDP packets though.

View Profile

Ok, that's also what I suspected. I will look into UDP packets and see if I can make it work.  smiley

View Profile

Hmm it seems that the wifi shield and UDP isn't up and running, even though the shield is advertised as capable of doing it.
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?topic=121503.0

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: