Go Down

Topic: Clear Screen and 2.8TFT (Read 2595 times) previous topic - next topic

PaulS

you mean use "Tft.clearDisplay()" instead of using the "display.clearDisplay()"? 

wELL, THAT'S WHAT i'D DO.

you mean use "Tft.clearDisplay()" instead of using the "display.clearDisplay()"? 

wELL, THAT'S WHAT i'D DO.

wont that negate the whole fact of including the adafruit?

I tried and apparently "class TFT' has no member named 'clearDisplay' ".

im about to just digital write everything over in black with no delay to get over this..I just figured it would have been a bit easier somehow i dont understand what i am doing wrong.

PaulS

You are the one with the random collection of libraries. You need to go through them and the examples, to see what you can do.

use

Tft.fillRectangle(0,0,400,400,BLACK);

LICAS

Sep 09, 2014, 02:55 am Last Edit: Sep 09, 2014, 02:58 am by LICAS Reason: 1
Hi,
in 2.8" tft from adafruit, for clear screen, you can use this instruction....

tft.fillScreen(ILI9341_WHITE);

you can use this instruction tft.clear(WHITE); but you need change the code in file Adafruit_ILI9341.cpp and Adafruit_ILI9341.h, Adafruit_GFX.cpp and Adafruit_GFX
This files are in libraries form adafruit, you need to download that libraries and put then in libraries from software arduino.

Link for the libraries for 2.8" tft from adafruit : https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-2-8-tft-touch-shield-v2/graphics-test.

or you can use the original instruction without change the respective files.

Hello everybody .
I have this problem: when the number of temperature is update from sensor, this number is overwrite and i can't see the correct temperature..
Can you help me?
can update only the temperature without change the screen???

Thanks
F.N.

Grumpy_Mike

You are best starting your own thread on this, but you need to blank out the old number before printing the new one.

Go Up