Go Down

Topic: Arduino Winamp Control (Read 841 times) previous topic - next topic

Wubz

New Arduino user here.

Been doing multiple tutorials and now want to undertake a personal project.
I would like to be able to control Winamp externally with my Arduino via serial communication. Problem being I know how to send the signal to my PC, however I do not know how to go
about receiving/processing the signal.

Here is basic video of what I wish to accomplish...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p84HlcwywnA

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PeterH

What operating system are you using on the PC?

In what way do you want to control Winamp - are the things you want to do all accessible via keyboard shortcuts?

I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Wubz

Using Windows 7 64bit.

Would just like something similar to media functions on the keyboard (skip, play/pause, stop). I realize I can just alter keybinds in Winamp directly and utilise these functions, however I would prefer to be able to do this via arduino (even just for the sake of learning).

giantsfan3

I too am curious about this -- what are the typical methods/languages used to read Serial data and then enact Windows events?
I suppose you would start by having the Arduino output to serial, then based on the Serial characters read, you would have to trigger Windows actions -- How?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy