Go Down

Topic: Vibration Sensor 1104 (Read 3349 times) previous topic - next topic

goga

Good evening!!!

I try to make a program about arduino mega 2560 and sensor 1104....
i try something simple....just make a vibration ...but i can't find some material about this...

Could anyone help me ?????? =(

robtillaart

can you post a link to the datasheet of that 1104, I get 156.000.000 hits in Google on the number 1104
Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

goga

http://www.phidgets.com/products.php?product_id=1104_0

i can't understand how it works.....thanku very much for your interest!!!!

robtillaart

it is an analog device so you should connect one pin to +5V one to GND and the third to Analog pin A0 for example

some loop like this should work.
Code: [Select]

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{
  int x = analogRead(A0);
  float voltage = x * 5.0 / 1023;
  Serial.println(voltage);
}
Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

goga

ok ...something like this  i have done ..but i need something to put into my code to make the vibration.......how is it work ???

for the temperature sensor and the  light sensor i have a formula..but for this ???????

JimboZA

i need something to put into my code to make the vibration

It doesn't make a vibration: it's a sensor not an actuator.

When it feels vibration it will output a voltage based on the intensity of the vibration, eg 0V for "still" and 5V for a "earthquake"; you read that analog input as Rob suggested and your program acts based on the level of vibration.
My hovercraft is full of eels.

No PMs for help please.
DO NOT power servos from Arduino 5V: give them their own power and connect the grounds.

goga

thanku  !!!!!!!!...i thought something else.....
now i can explain this sensor into my project

JimboZA

now i can explain this sensor into my project

Maybe have 3 LEDs.... green for still, yellow for minor vibration and red for a big shake, based on the analog reading?

No PMs for help please.
DO NOT power servos from Arduino 5V: give them their own power and connect the grounds.

goga

you mean the pienzo?????????

my pienzo which is attached on the sensor has a green

goga

ooops!!!!no i am wrong!!!!!
i have not any leds..... :smiley-eek:

JimboZA

No, I meant maybe you could add coloured LEDs to your project and have them light up depending on how big a shake the sensor registers.

No PMs for help please.

goga

No, I meant maybe you could add coloured LEDs to your project and have them light up depending on how big a shake the sensor registers.

my university can't give me any led.....i must do something with these matereals(sensor+arduino only)

i have my mobile phone near the sensor and when it is vibrating the output voltage is the same like before.. =(

JimboZA

i must do something with these matereals(sensor+arduino only)

Well, sensors by their very nature don't "do" anything, they "sense".... then you need an actuator to be the "do-er" based on what you sense. For example, you have a temperature sensor you say: well there's no point measuring the temperature if you don't act on that reading, eg switch the fan on if it's too hot.

But remember the Arduino has a built-in LED on pin 13- perhaps you could make that do something based on the readings

No PMs for help please.

Go Up