Go Down

Topic: Avrisp mkII on Mac OS X 10.8.2 (Read 2761 times) previous topic - next topic

andzaytsev

Hello! I am using Mac OS X 10.8.2 with Arduino IDE 1.0.3. I am trying to upload my code to Sparkfun Mega Pro 3.3V (I choose Arduino Mega 2560 - it has the same chip). My programmer is AVRISP mkII.
It simply doesn't work. There is no option "USB" in serial port menu - only Bluetooth-PDA and Bluetooth-modem.
I tried following these instructions: http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/OSXISPMKII, but it did not help (I changed "usb" to "serial" in programmers.txt).
Also I tried installing libusb and avrdude using MacPorts. I installed the latest FTDI driver. Nothing helped.
When I press Upload - the message "Serial port COM1 not found" appears.
Please, help me solve this problem.

James C4S

Those instructions are for burning a boot loader.  They are not for uploading code to your board.

Which are you trying to do?
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

andzaytsev

Those instructions are for burning a boot loader.  They are not for uploading code to your board.

Which are you trying to do?

Neither of those things is working. When I try to burn a bootloader the message is: "avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "COM1": No such file or directory"
When I try to Upload my code the message is: "Serial port COM1 not found"

andzaytsev

The problem solved - I had to click Upload using Programmer - no setup is needed. Everything works fine.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy