Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Avrisp mkII on Mac OS X 10.8.2  (Read 1808 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello! I am using Mac OS X 10.8.2 with Arduino IDE 1.0.3. I am trying to upload my code to Sparkfun Mega Pro 3.3V (I choose Arduino Mega 2560 - it has the same chip). My programmer is AVRISP mkII.
It simply doesn't work. There is no option "USB" in serial port menu - only Bluetooth-PDA and Bluetooth-modem.
I tried following these instructions: http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/OSXISPMKII, but it did not help (I changed "usb" to "serial" in programmers.txt).
Also I tried installing libusb and avrdude using MacPorts. I installed the latest FTDI driver. Nothing helped.
When I press Upload - the message "Serial port COM1 not found" appears.
Please, help me solve this problem.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

Those instructions are for burning a boot loader.  They are not for uploading code to your board.

Which are you trying to do?

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.c

View Profile

Those instructions are for burning a boot loader.  They are not for uploading code to your board.

Which are you trying to do?
Neither of those things is working. When I try to burn a bootloader the message is: "avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "COM1": No such file or directory"
When I try to Upload my code the message is: "Serial port COM1 not found"

View Profile

The problem solved - I had to click Upload using Programmer - no setup is needed. Everything works fine.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: