Specs have to be specific and well written

Like Delboys nephew who caught religeon ...

Yes and I believe you can catch being gay by wearing pink while you see musical theater.

just be grateful the new chinese year is year of the snake
it could have been year of the horse!

"I've just checked the Tesco burgers in my freezer...AND THEY'RE OFF"

Tesco now forced to deny presence of zebra in burgers, as shoppers confuse barcodes for serving suggestions.

Latest news reports is that the horse meat is the result of criminal activity.
Better horse meat than mad cow disease I guess.

Which, of course, now leaves the question - if they can't establish where the horsemeat came from, how do we know any of it is 'fit for human consumption'?

Think I'll be down to the farm shop to make a rare breed even rarer!

On a can of tuna:
"No dolphins were harmed in making this tuna.
We did have to harm the tuna, and we're really sorry about that."

Oh and I just finished reading The Jungle.

Umm, smoked sausage.

Lefty

No dolphins were harmed in making this tuna.

LOL

People can't swim with Tuna, they are too fast, so we dont bond with them ?

Many people in India revere cows, we eat them , many people eat dogs in the Far East, we find it disgusting.

If they raced sheep at Ascot, would we not have lamb on our menus?

I love garlic snails, and while not bonding with them, my grandaughter finds it disgusting :slight_smile: ( perhaps its the garlic breath she finds disgusting come to think of it ! )

Other vegatarians reckon we were never meant to eat meat, yet we have an omnivores teeth and can digest any meat with our single stomach.

Look at the queues at the meat counter at the supermarket, with all the people hunting and gathering.

Don't tell me its not right to eat meat from animals that have been raised for just that purpose ( as opposed to pets or working animals ) when you drink milk, and eat eggs :slight_smile:

Wow, this little middle-of-the-night, can't sleep post is so long, perhaps I should tag it as code !

But plants are living too. That is until we pull them out from their roots and put them into boiling water.

But then again there is a reason they call it the 'Food Chain' and where you place on the chain and what you feed off the chain is kind of a big deal.

Lefty

But plants are living too.

I wonder what Prince Charles used to talk to his plants about ? " I think I will have you tonight, on a bed of rocket , with a little thousand island dressing , yummee "

But plants are living too.

And one day they'll take over the world.

No wait, that's insects - the real top of the food chain ...

The veggies need not feel quite so smug - their 'sausages' have been found to contain traces of uni-quorn

:smiley:

mmcp42:
just be grateful the new chinese year is year of the snake
it could have been year of the horse!

That is next year, the horse.

"year of the snake"
Like Crocodile Dundee says, "tastes like crap, but you can live off it!"
I think he was talking about snake ...

There was a time when beef was on very short supply in my place and we had donkey meat that tasted just like beef. The world is cruel, animals eat animals and we eat them too. Don't make a big fuss about people eating animals, most animals on this planet including ourselves are to be eaten. We got lucky with evolution. Maybe in distance future we all eat tubes of synthetic food paste but right now some of us eat meat and some don't. Unless you are eating the last of a species or something like decimating a species, I have no problem with you.

I've heard that snakes when cooked well, tastes like chicken neck. I never had a taste.

liudr:
There was a time when beef was on very short supply in my place and we had donkey meat that tasted just like beef. The world is cruel, animals eat animals and we eat them too. Don't make a big fuss about people eating animals, most animals on this planet including ourselves are to be eaten. We got lucky with evolution. Maybe in distance future we all eat tubes of synthetic food paste but right now some of us eat meat and some don't. Unless you are eating the last of a species or something like decimating a species, I have no problem with you.

I've heard that snakes when cooked well, tastes like chicken neck. I never had a taste.

So we should look forward to Soylent Green? Hope it too tastes like chicken. :wink: :wink:

I think the issue is less about eating horse
more about pretending old Romanian nags are prime beef
at prime beef prices!

apparently Romania has decided to take all the horse drawn carts off the road
hence the glut of horse meat

the ones I saw when I lived there were pretty manky
definitely better not being on the road
not quite so sure about my dinner plate as their final destination :slight_smile: