Go Down

Topic: Arduino RF brushless control (Read 251 times) previous topic - next topic

Darryl

Hello. Could someone please provide the code, or a link to, of two Arduino Uno`s
and a pair of 433 tx/rx and a brushless motor and how to get speed control.
I have the transmitter side worked out but I am not using any libraries.
I understand I should be using something like VirtualWire( or RadioHead, as it is now called.)
I just need to see the basic transmitter and receiver code of an Arduino controlling a brushless
motor with a pwm signal through a corresponding Arduino and a 433 ask hookup.
It would be great if someone could help. Cannot seem to find it anywhere.
Cheers.

slipstick

You generally control brushless motors via an ESC (Electronic Speed Control) using something like the Servo library. A simple PWM signal without the ESC will not do it (brushless motors are effectively 3-phase).

Steve

Darryl

I already have the esc and motor. Perhaps I confused things by mentioning
the pwm. I just need to see the working code of something that works. I
have tried pulsein and interrupts but no good. I was trying not to use libraries
but I am over that now. I am simply trying to find the transmitter and receiver
code using library x of two arduinos using 433ask rf controlling the speed of a
brushless motor. There are plenty of descriptions showing how to transmit " hello world"
or a 1 and a 0, but that`s not what I need. Any assistance would be really welcomed.

sdturner

ESC's for RC cars and planes are controlled the same as a servo. Use the servo library.

If you can transmit and receive "Hello World" or a binary number you have everything you need. You can make the communications as simple or complex as you want. The simplest would be for the transmitter to send a number between 0 and 180 and the receiver sends that value to the servo library.

MarkT

Can you clarify which motor you are talking about, and I think you mean OOK rather than general ASK?

I'd advise doing each part of the project completely separately to start with.

1) Talking between two arduinos over 433MHz so that a variable's value can be communicated from one to the other.
2) Input a drive level to one arduino to set a variable
3) control a motor from one arduino from the value of a variable.

Once you have all the pieces working and nice and tidy, then you put 1) and 3) together and check
it works.  Then put 2) and 1) together on the TX side and 1) and 3) together on the TX side.

Basically don't combine separate functionalities until each is tested and proved working.  This make
subsequent debugging relatively painless.  The industry phrase is "integration testing" and its
the bit that keeps everyone awake at night!
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Go Up