Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: solar tracker using RTC  (Read 4943 times)
Tasmania - Australia
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

shashank wrote:
I am currently pursuing a solar tracker as a project for my final year of engineering...

I am amazed, if you are in your final year of engineering, I would have thought you would at least know how to better research yourself.
Please, we don't care to be treated as slaves here.
Provide help, yes, but doing the all the ground work for you is a bit much to ask in my opinion.

My thoughts.

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

could you tell me if the above is working ?
I can't right now because I don't have my Due here, but it looks like it is doing all the right things.

Also how to use this with the SPA ?
Just plug the date and time values into the algorithm, as shown in the SPA test example.

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

View Profile

thank you very much.
and rockwallaby the only reason i asked is because i am new here and have no experience with arduino. i just wanted to be sure that it ll work before making the decision of buying the due.

View Profile

Seems no one has much hope for a poor Uno or similar to handle the sun tracker algorithm.

I just recently got back to working on my own sun tracker project.  The mech mount has been finished for a year. The long ,cold, snowy winter has given me time to get back into the Arduino.  I have sucessfully modified the sun position algorithm to read time and dates from a DS1307 based RTC and have it on an UNO. Currently it only uses 13.5K I will be adding some interrupt code and library to it (another 5.5k i believe). I still need to add some basic operational code but I think I will be well short of 25K when finished.

View Profile

Seems no one has much hope for a poor Uno or similar to handle the sun tracker algorithm

What algorithm? You don't need an algorithm.

Look at the picture at this link:
http://de.academic.ru/pictures/dewiki/69/Equatorial_sundial%2C_Botanical_Garden_%C5%81%C3%B3d%C5%BA.jpg
More info here:
http://www.wsanford.com/~wsanford/exo/sundials/equatorial_sundials.html

Look at carefully at the pictures of the sundials, and try thinking about this matter with your right brain.

Edison Member
View Profile

you might want to compare your work with a guy has been doing this for some time

http://www.cerebralmeltdown.com/

he posts his arduino code.

by the way,   linear actuators are harder to use than belts and pulleys.
the movement using a linear actuator turns the control into a ellipse
using belts and pulleys like the folks controlling telescopes turns the control into a linear function.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Jump to: