Go Down

Topic: solar tracker using RTC (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic

0AlphaOmega

Snap AWOL.

However, we may be forgetting about the Bangalore Tracker Crapper, these little birds are very well know for their preference to relieve themselves on the western most side of any solar tracking device! During the days of the Raj they caused untold problems!  :smiley-eek:
For whom does the clock pulse? It pulses for you!

0AlphaOmega

Sorry AMPS-N, couldn't help myself ;)
You have painted yourself into a corner, it will have to be calculated then, but you will have to compromise on "cheapest". Leap years can be handled with a counter, but you will need to keep at least some variables in NVM.
keep us posted.
For whom does the clock pulse? It pulses for you!

AMPS-N

i have simple idea to do this. But i dont how to to it
every linear actuator will moves mm per second,
First i will calculate time taken to cover the full stroke length . and i will retract it.
in my code i say

initially length @ zero position.for every 10 min i say move until it reaches the final stroke position and when it reaches end position  i say reverse direction.

Sorry AMPS-N, couldn't help myself ;)
You have painted yourself into a corner, it will have to be calculated then, but you will have to compromise on "cheapest". Leap years can be handled with a counter, but you will need to keep at least some variables in NVM.
keep us posted.
AMPS

AWOL

Not a terribly scientific test, but for a giggle I took the SPA sources and recompiled them with all "double" replaced by "float".
For here and now, zenith is off by by about 1/100th of a degree, azimuth by 1/10th of a degree, and sunrise and sunset times are both eight seconds early.
For a mechanical system, I could live with those errors.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

rockwallaby

AWOL, sounds good to me, what size did it compile down to if you have the figures handy?
PS, I like that slight hint of yours about 'want to'

Go Up