Go Down

Topic: Valentine's Day project - Animatronic stuffed animal - Need ideas (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

laadams85

What you need to do is use a little voodoo to transfer a human soul into the doll.  I hear it works really well, they made a movie about it. Child's Play I think was the name of it.

HazardsMind

What you need to do is use a little voodoo to transfer a human soul into the doll.  I hear it works really well, they made a movie about it. Child's Play I think was the name of it.
Yea but that, you have to make sure the soul your using is not from a psychotic serial killer. Having a killer doll will ruin anyones day.
Created Libraries:
TFT_Extension, OneWireKeypad, SerialServo, (UPD)WiiClassicController, VWID

Retroplayer

The desired effect is to make her go "awwww", not "EEEEEEK!" lol

Retroplayer

I added the limit switches to the mouth. I managed to find 2 identical switches with long levers which made them easy to install. A dab of superglue gel, and tada! I now have feedback whether the mouth is open or closed. I am holding off on installing the speaker yet. I stopped at a thrift store and found a pair of USB powered speakers for $5. It would cost that much in parts to make my own amp. I may just gut those and use them. Not sure yet, they also make handy prototyping speakers as I can power them right off my breadboard.

Anyway, attaching pictures of the limit switch upgrade.

Retroplayer

Well, "mouth opened" work perfectly, but not "mouth closed". When I reassembled, I noticed that the body of one of the switches is in the way of a screwpost on the motor gearbox. I will need to tweak things a bit. I also will add bump-stops to one side of each of the switches so they are more reliable when pushed together.

Got the library done for the MP3 module. You can now install it on any pin, not just a serial pin. Having some issues with the way the module works, though (not my code, I don't think.) Already see some enhancements I can make to the library.

When you select an MP3 that doesn't exist, it just plays a random one. These modules have no feedback for number of files or errors, so you have to keep your code tight and file naming of the MP3s well controlled.

Go Up