Go Down

Topic: Char - Bidimensional Array pass to function (Read 327 times) previous topic - next topic

gnusso

Good Morning,
I've have the following array of char :
Code: [Select]
byte array [31] [31];

and I need to pass to my function :
void LeggiArray(byte YearStart, byte MonthStart,byte DayStart,byte HourStart,byte MinStart, byte YearStop,byte MonthStop,byte DayStop,byte HourStop, byte MinStop)
{
  char dataNow[11];
  char dataArrayStart[11];
  char dataArrayStop[11];

time_t t = now();
  for (int i = 0; i <=  devices ; i++)
    {
     sprintf(dataNow, "%04d%02d%02d%02d%02d", year(t), month(t), day(t), hour(t), minute(t));
     sprintf(dataArrayStart, "%04d%02d%02d%02d%02d", (YearStart + 2000),  MonthStart, DayStart, HourStart, MinStart);
     sprintf(dataArrayStop,  "%04d%02d%02d%02d%02d", (YearStop  + 2000),  MonthStop,  DayStop,  HourStop,  MinStop);

if (strcmp(dataNow,dataArrayStart) >= 0 && strcmp(dataNow,dataArrayStop) <= 0)
         {
           if (array[i][12] == 0)
            {
              // array[i][12] = 32 ;
              Serial.println("Turn On");
            }
           else
             if (array[i][12] == 32)
              {
               // array[i][12] = 0;
               Serial.println("Turn Off");
              }
         }   
      } 
}

Then I call my function in this way:

LeggiArray(array[0][6],array[0][5],array[0][4],array[0][2],array[0][3],array[0][11],array[0][10],array[0][9],array[0][7],array[0][8]);

But I would like call My Function with roms and colums like parameter ...
is correct this the correct way ?

Thanks
Gnux

pylon

I understand what you have but your desires are less clear. Show us what you want to have.

gnusso

Ok thanks so mainly I have the function below reported ... where I use a for cycles for scan my timer ... Since the moment that "the logical part" of timer is always the same for the different my situation to re-use this procedure with different date start hour start min start  and different date stop hour stop min . Then my parameter are contained inside a array of byte with 2 dimension ...

void LeggiArray()
{

for (int i = 0; i <=  devices ; i++)
    {
     char dataNow[15];
     char dataArrayStart[15];
     char dataArrayStop[15];
     time_t t = now();
     sprintf(dataNow, "%04d%02d%02d%02d%02d", year(t), month(t), day(t), hour(t), minute(t));
     // Serial.println(dataNow);
     sprintf(dataArrayStart, "%04d%02d%02d%02d%02d", (array[i][6]+2000), array[i][5], array[i][4], array[i][2], array[i][3]);
     // Serial.println(dataArrayStart);
     sprintf(dataArrayStop, "%04d%02d%02d%02d%02d", (array[i][11]+2000), array[i][10], array[i][9], array[i][7], array[i][8]);

if (strcmp(dataNow,dataArrayStart) >= 0 && strcmp(dataNow,dataArrayStop) <= 0)
       {
         if (array[i][12] == 0)
          {
            array[i][12] = 32 ;
            Serial.println("Turn On");
          }
         else
           if (array[i][12] == 32)
            {
             array[i][12] = 0;
             Serial.println("Turn Off");
            }
       }

} 

Let me know if you want more details thanks you for the support,
have nice day
gnux

pylon

I don't understand your description but from your code I guess you're looking for this function definition:

void LeggiArray(byte **array)

An array is a pointer to the content, an array of arrays is a pointer to pointers to the content.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy