Go Down

Topic: Oh My God ! or "Where are the standards now ?" (Read 912 times) previous topic - next topic

greywolf271

Had a box of 2N5583 no longer used at work. So googled it for parameters.
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/2N5583-datasheet.html
Take a look and spot the odd one out.

JoeO

Depending on the spec sheet, it can be an NPN or a PNP.

This is one heck of a versatile transistor.

CrossRoads

To paraphrase Mr Mom,
" yeah, NPN, PNP, whatever it takes"
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

pwillard

Wow... I'm so relieved that Great American Electronics finally got it right.  Motorola has been making these devices wrong since the 1970's!

afremont

To paraphrase Mr Mom,
" yeah, NPN, PNP, whatever it takes"

The guys in the marketing dept. figured out that they were "needlessly" eliminating half of their potential customer base. ;)
Experience, it's what you get when you were expecting something else.

James C4S

The guys in the marketing dept. figured out that they were "needlessly" eliminating half of their potential customer base. ;)

We usually check with engineering when doing something like this.  The response always comes back as "if our customers are dumb enough to believe that, they shouldn't be our customers."
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

greywolf271

Wow... I'm so relieved that Great American Electronics finally got it right.  Motorola has been making these devices wrong since the 1970's!

When I first came across this "feature" I wondered if GAE is another Great Wall Motors of Electronics manufacturing masquarading as an American manufacturer.

Go Up