Go Down

Topic: Impossible to instal UNO REV3 on Win7U x64 (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

thetoillmainn

Feb 13, 2013, 01:10 pm Last Edit: Feb 13, 2013, 01:13 pm by thetoillmainn Reason: 1
Hi there. Got my UNO REV3 today and I've tried every single guide I could find from choosing the inf from the folder (which doesn't work, at all. It says it's incompatible with win7x64) to choosing drivers from the list (which doesn't include the Arduino drivers anywhere. It just isn't there).
So there I am, pissed as a goat almost smashing the contraption to shreds with my mighty horns. Nothing is working, the Arduino LLC driver isn't in the list, can't choose the inf file because it only gives errors…

I'm lost, what to do folks? The red LED on pin13 is blinking on and off when I connect it as well as the LED indicating that it's on is lit. No response from the RX and TX LEDS and the software can't find it, of course…
The device is still Unknown for Win7. I've tried different usb ports too.

Thanks in advance!

AWOL

Go to "Start" and type "devmgmt.msc" in the search box and hit "return".
You should have the device manager.
With the Arduino plugged into a USB port, what shows under "Ports (COM & LPT)"?
Does the window refresh if you unplug the Uno?
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

MisterResistor

The R3 should show up in Ports (COM & LPT) in the Device Manager tree.  The driver that is installed on my Win 7 64 bit machine is Driver Version 5.1.2600.0.  Make sure you pick the driver that is NOT in the FTDI USB Drivers folder.  My path is: C:\arduino-1.0.2\drivers\Arduino UNO.inf    Open and run it. Shutdown (to initialize the driver) and check Device Manager again. It should indicate that your UNO is listed in the Ports section.

Good luck

Louis Davis

Where did you purchase your UNO, provide a link if possible?

thetoillmainn

As said in the first post, I've tried updating the driver through device manager, which says it's an Unknown device. Everything works perfectly fine on my laptop with Win7U x32. I got it from eBay, but it's the original one from this website. Not a reproduction.

Go Up