Go Down

Topic: IDE 1.6.6 is now available for download (Read 14754 times) previous topic - next topic

PE7GL

On the mac it is now running wel for atmega1284p and other processors.
But on windows 10 I need to jump back to version 1.65.
To get it running I has remove the library\arduino15 directory.
On the mac I can run version 1.61 and 1.66 hourly build last version
My question is what is the difference between windows and mach version. I want to develop same software between me and other peoples for atmega1284 boards, attiny 25/45/85 and attiny2313 /4313 chips.

hyperlogos

Sleep mode is defined in avr/sleep.h - no mistake here , it is preprocessing changes in new IDE arduino-builder tool. I will try to modify attiny cores to match new rules.
this is what I did to get my code to compile:

Code: [Select]

$ diff -C3 -r sleep.h-orig sleep.h
*** sleep.h-orig        2015-04-15 10:01:52.000000000 -0700
--- sleep.h     2015-12-10 10:11:03.862869800 -0800
*** 216,222 ****
  || defined(__AVR_ATtiny87__) \
  || defined(__AVR_ATtiny441__) \
  || defined(__AVR_ATtiny828__) \
! || defined(__AVR_ATtiny841__)

#define SLEEP_MODE_IDLE         0
      #define SLEEP_MODE_ADC          _BV(SM0)
--- 216,225 ----
  || defined(__AVR_ATtiny87__) \
  || defined(__AVR_ATtiny441__) \
  || defined(__AVR_ATtiny828__) \
! || defined(__AVR_ATtiny841__) \
! || defined(__AVR_ATtiny25__) \
! || defined(__AVR_ATtiny45__) \
! || defined(__AVR_ATtiny85__)

#define SLEEP_MODE_IDLE         0
      #define SLEEP_MODE_ADC          _BV(SM0)

And then I put a #define __AVR_ATtiny85__ in my code.

Actually, that didn't make my code compile, because it wouldn't fit in the attiny85. But it did solve the error. The 25-85 are all described in the same data sheet, and they all have the same power saving modes as those other attiny chips listed here. I don't know if anyone is using the 25 or 45 as an Arduino, but it seemed mean not to type those lines out :)

pert

@hyperlogos what ATtiny core are you using?

vangalvin

Just updated to to 1.6.6 and i'm using the AnalogDebouce library however now with no alterations my sketch is coming up with

'ButtonPush' was not declared in this scope.

I reverted to the example and getting the same problem

the example is...

Is there something I am missing?

#include <AnalogDebounce.h>
  AnalogDebounce Buttons(A0,ButtonPush);  // Analog Input 0,
                                          // ButtonPush is callback
void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
}
void loop() {
  Buttons.loopCheck();
}

// Callback function
void ButtonPush(byte Button) {
  Serial.print("Button Pushed: ");
  Serial.println(Button);
  /* Will return 255 on release of a button
     Or 0 to 4 corrisponding to a specific button
     Depending on the resistors used to make your
     keypad you may need to adjust the analog value
     for each button, to do this you can change
     Buttons.adc_key_val[0-4] to a slightly higher number
     then the highest number you get on a direct analog read.

If you need more or less then 5 buttons, you can
     adjust the values accordingly in the library files.

Library works out of the box for Cytron LCD and
     Keypad shield, and should work for SainsSmart one as well.
  */
}

pert

'ButtonPush' was not declared in this scope.
This is a known issue: https://github.com/arduino/arduino-builder/issues/50. You can make your sketch compile in Arduino IDE 1.6.6 by manually adding the function prototype for ButtonPush(). Just add the line:
void ButtonPush(byte Button);
above the line:
AnalogDebounce Buttons(A0,ButtonPush);
You will need to make a similar change to any sketch that uses this library.

vangalvin

JernejCG

Dec 12, 2015, 08:11 pm Last Edit: Dec 12, 2015, 08:21 pm by JernejCG
Hi!

I am new to Arduino and had my problems since day 1. The thing is that the board doesn't work with OSX El Capitan, as many people have point elsewhere. I have now installed the latest hourly build and one problem has been resolved, I can see and select the serial ports, but nonetheless I can't upload anything to the board. It keeps uploading for minutes and nothing happens.

I have been successful uploading on a Linux machine, but even there I get error massages before upload, hit retry and it works. So I wonder if there is a problem with the board or the bug hasn't been fixed.

I need this board to work with OSX, as the linux machine is not mine.

Any help, pointers will be appreciated!

edit:
Just reopened the Arduino program an realised that the serial port is now greyed out.

mattiapirandello

Dec 13, 2015, 06:57 pm Last Edit: Dec 13, 2015, 11:29 pm by mattiapirandello
Hi everybody,

I've bought the Arduino starter kit (processor ATMega328P).
I'm following the book but I can't load the first basic example 'Blink'.

This is my problem:

Arduino:1.6.6 (Mac OS X), Scheda:"Arduino/Genuino Uno"

/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware "/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware" -hardware "/Users/MacBookPro/Library/Arduino15/packages" -tools "/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/tools-builder" -tools "/Users/MacBookPro/Library/Arduino15/packages" -built-in-libraries "/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries" -libraries "/Users/MacBookPro/Documents/Arduino/libraries" -fqbn=arduino:avr:uno -vid-pid=0X2A03_0X0043 -ide-version=10606 -build-path "/var/folders/rd/b3_t0r692074fsntph9v5jh80000gn/T/buildd5ae82e677127ac286f51de66781d807.tmp" -warnings=none -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -verbose "/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/examples/01.Basics/Blink/Blink.ino"
fatal error: runtime: bsdthread_register error (unset DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES)

runtime stack:
runtime.throw(0x29a775)
   /usr/local/go/src/runtime/panic.go:491 +0xad fp=0x7fff5fbff8a0 sp=0x7fff5fbff870
runtime.goenvs()
   /usr/local/go/src/runtime/os_darwin.c:103 +0x60 fp=0x7fff5fbff8b8 sp=0x7fff5fbff8a0
runtime.schedinit()
   /usr/local/go/src/runtime/proc.c:141 +0x5f fp=0x7fff5fbff8e0 sp=0x7fff5fbff8b8
runtime.rt0_go(0x7fff5fbff918, 0x18, 0x7fff5fbff918, 0x0, 0x0, 0x18, 0x7fff5fbffab8, 0x7fff5fbffaf0, 0x7fff5fbffafc, 0x7fff5fbffb0c, ...)
   /usr/local/go/src/runtime/asm_amd64.s:95 +0x116 fp=0x7fff5fbff8e8 sp=0x7fff5fbff8e0
arduino-builder ha restituito 2

Errore durante la compilazione

NarutoRazer

bip  topdancer you installed a core through boards manager: this means the IDE will use it despite bundling an newer version. Go to Boards Manager and update AVR core to 1.6.9
For good measure, be sure your have no files under /Users/kurtbierbaum/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/ (this may lead to reinstalling sam and samd core)

ZeeNot

Hello,

Introduction:

I am running 32-bit Linux Mint v17.2 Cinnamon (an Ubuntu variant). The Arduino IDE available in the Mint/Ubuntu Software Manager is v1.0.5 which is good, but quite old. I prefer to manually install anyway.

I sorted out the USB/serial port setup without any problems.

I downloaded and extracted the v1.6.6 binary "arduino-1.6.6-linux32.tar.xz" to my home directory.

I want the Arduino IDE "installation" to be stand-alone. I want to be able to install more than one version of the IDE in parallel. I don't need any desktop or menu icons.

I see the "install.sh" script in the base directory. It seems to simply attempt to install menu and desktop icons, nothing more. I don't care about desktop and menu icons, so I ignore this script.

I see the "arduino" script. I presume I would run this with ./arduino.

Looking at the "arduino" script, it doesn't seem to modify anything on my system, at least from the shell-scripting level, but I have no idea what's going on at the Java level.

My Question(s):

Q1. So if I just run ./arduino from the CLI will the IDE start and operate properly?

Q2. Most importantly, will it modify anything on my system?

Q3. By default where will my sketches and libraries be stored?

Q4. Can I install a different IDE version the same way in parallel (not running them in parallel at the same time)?

Thanks for any replies, David

s-light

Hi ZeeNot,

its possible to just unzipp and run the Arduino IDE - and with this setup it is possible to have multiple IDEs installed side by side.
the IDE will modify your system!
it will generate a config folder at
/home/username/.arduino15/
and all arduino IDEs that are above 1.0.6 (i don't know the exact version here)
are using the same configs...
a second thing the IDE setups is a 'Arduino' folder in your user direction for  sketches.
but this is only done on the first Startup when there is no other config option set.
you can manually define where your sketches should be saved.
one more thing is a temporary folder at compile time.
(that are all things iam aware of)

i have installed multiple IDEs side by side this way on my kubuntu 15.10. it works!
running theme in parallel seems to work too.. but sometimes the java engine part that handles the serial things get confused... (and gets stuck)

sunny greetings
stefan

ZeeNot

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your reply. Everything worked as you described. I now have a successful install of v1.6.6 in Linux Mint 17.2 Cinnamon using the generic 32-bit binary package. I was able to create a menu item specific to v1.6.6. I have not tried the desktop icon yet, and probably won't as I prefer  a fairly clean desktop.

Once again thanks for your help (and a bit of added Karma to you)... David

peppe70136

I am having problems getting anything with a .ino extension to open. has anyone had this proplem
Pepe

s-light

@peppe70136
how about telling us on what operation system you are?
you have posted to the IDE 1.6.6 topic so i hope you have this IDE version?!
have you updated or installed on a clean operating system?

sunny greetings
stefan

Tarbo

Hi all,

Just tried starting up V1.6.6 after a windows 10 update today. Splashscreen shows and after the "starting" message in the left corner........nothing. Last worked with V1.6.6 a couple of days ago, never had any problems.

Tried updating to Version1.6.7. Started the windows installer, dialog box shows for uninstalling V1.6.6, clicked Ok, then again ...... nothing.

Any ideas what's wrong? Anyone else having the same problem?

Regards,
Alex

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy