Go Down

Topic: IDE 1.6.0 is now available for download (Read 4502 times) previous topic - next topic

Federico Fissore

JustGreg which distro are you using?
Have you upgraded the Yún? If you've just got it, then it needs to be upgraded! Check out the tutorial

JustGreg

@Frederico Fissore,   I am using FatDog64 version 700 Linux.  FatDog64 is part of the Puppy Linux community out of Australia.  It is a 64 bit version.   The version 700 is the latest version, just released last week.   A big thank you to you for all the work you have done with Arduino.  I hope this information helps.   If you need more, just post a reply.

Federico Fissore

@JustGred we build the linux native components on a Debian. It looks like system libraries on puppy are packaged in a different way. It's something you should document on puppy's wiki/docs
Have you upgraded the Yún? If you've just got it, then it needs to be upgraded! Check out the tutorial

JustGreg

@Federico Fissore, I am planning to create a proper installation package for Fatdog64.  The package will have the links to the libraries and a .desktop file to create a menu entry.  I have also tried the previous 1.5.8 IDE with the 32 bit Slacko version of Puppy. It worked with out a problem with the 32 bit libraries.

dlcan5

I just installed my new download of 1.6.0 and I get an error launch 4j but not other reference. What could be the matter? I'm running WIN 7 64bit on an AZUZ Intel quad system and I have not had many issues with Arduino IDE in the past and just to check it out I installed it in my Game box which is also WIN 7 64 bit. Just to prove it is my system doing something; it ran fine uploads my older files and works great!!! Now what do I do to get the program to load on my programming station?

antonio1

Hi,

a very needed part of this tool is to be possible to download the software from device. Many times I do the test and after few days of not using I forget what was the last software uploaded onto the device, this is very uncomfortable and makes me to to loose some of developing part.

Another part very important for this tool is the fact that after I make some modification to my my project I can't save the project over the existent one, is telling me "read only". This is not normal, any time I have to give a new name for any modification I do.

best regards,

ShapeShifter

Mar 01, 2015, 12:21 pm Last Edit: Mar 01, 2015, 12:28 pm by ShapeShifter
a very needed part of this tool is to be possible to download the software from device.
This doesn't sound at all practical. If you did this, what would you do with the file you retrieved? You would end up with a hex dump file that really has no practical use other than to be a representation of the binary machine code in the processor. I suppose you could load that into a utility and dis-assemble it to see the assembly instructions, but it would be impossible to translate that back into anything even remotely resembling your original source code.

Many times I do the test and after few days of not using I forget what was the last software uploaded onto the device, this is very uncomfortable and makes me to to loose some of developing part.
To help remember what code is in your Arduino, add a print statement at the beginning of your sketch that identifies the sketch and version. Then you just need to hook up the Serial Monitor and restart your sketch to see what us in there.

For example, add this code to the setup() function of each sketch:
Code: [Select]
Serial.println(__FILE__ " - " __DATE__ " " __TIME__);
This makes use of three macros pre-defined by the compiler, which expand to the name of the current source code file, and the date and time that it was compiled. You can put the same code in every sketch, and it will always tell you the name of the sketch and when you loaded it.

It's one thing to forget what sketch is currently in an Arduino, but if you are losing some of your development work from time to time, it sounds like you need to be a bit more organized and diligent in your work habits. Maybe you should look into some backup or version control software?

Another part very important for this tool is the fact that after I make some modification to my my project I can't save the project over the existent one, is telling me "read only". This is not normal, any time I have to give a new name for any modification I do.
You are right, this is not normal. I've never seen this behavior.  Did it start with the new version, or has it been doing it in the past for you? What operating system are you using? Does it do it every time you save, or just sometimes? If sometimes, is there anything you're doing differently at the time? How exactly are you saving it: using Save, Save As..., or some other way?

I just installed my new download of 1.6.0 and I get an error launch 4j but not other reference. What could be the matter? I'm running WIN 7 64bit on an AZUZ Intel quad system and I have not had many issues with Arduino IDE in the past and just to check it out I installed it in my Game box which is also WIN 7 64 bit. Just to prove it is my system doing something; it ran fine uploads my older files and works great!!! Now what do I do to get the program to load on my programming station?
4j means a Java error. There are several threads here about it, here's one.

efifi

Hi

I have upgraded to 1,6 and discovered a few issues - most i have fixed but i cannot figure out what is going on here.

I am getting this error message

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\build3432045789652782257.tmp\hula6.cpp.o
hula6.ino: In function 'void rainbowrepeat()':
hula6.ino:1694:1: error: unable to find a register to spill in class 'POINTER_REGS'
hula6.ino:1694:1: error: this is the insn:
(insn 24 23 26 3 (set (reg:SI 48 [ D.7354 ])
       (mem:SI (post_inc:HI (reg:HI 10 r10 [orig:67 ivtmp.626 ] [67])) [3 MEM[base: _4, offset: 0B]+0 S4 A8])) hula6.ino:1549 94 {*movsi}
    (expr_list:REG_INC (reg:HI 10 r10 [orig:67 ivtmp.626 ] [67])
       (nil)))
hula6.ino:1694: confused by earlier errors, bailing out
Error compiling.

this code fails

for(i=0; (i+7)<NUM_LEDS; i=i+7) {
for(j=0; j<7; j++) {

rr= reds[j]*bm/100;
gg= greens[j]*bm/100;
// gg=gg*bm/100;
bb=blues[j]*bm/100;
          doleds(1, i+j, 0, gg, bb, 0, 0);          

}
 }

BUT if i do any of the following
// comment this line
          doleds(1, i+j, 0, gg, bb, 0, 0);          

it works

or
seperate this line from this
gg= greens[j]*bm/100;

to this
gg= greens[j];
gg=gg*bm/100;

the original in 1.5.0 was

for(i=0; (i+7)<NUM_LEDS; i=i+7) {
     for(j=0; j<7; j++) {
        doleds(1, i+j, reds[j]*bm/100, greens[j]*bm/100, blues[j]*bm/100, 0, 0);          
     }
 }

what is the error message and how can i fix it?

thanks

clive

ps doleds does this

void doleds(int doled, int led, int red, int green, int blue, int showit, int delayit) {
  if(doled == 1) {   
    strip.setPixelColor(led, red, green, blue);
  }
  if(showit == 1) {
    strip.show();
  }
  delay(delayit);
}

and

int rr,gg,bb;
int bm =100;
"If I have seen further than others, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants." - Isaac Newton

You are my giants........

efifi

I found the problem after a process of elimination.... its all about types

uint32_t blues[7] =  { 
  0,     0,   0,   0, 255, 130,  76};

must be an int for some reason. It seems the function call does not like being called with an int32 instead of an int. Even if i cast the int32 to an int it does not like it.

Now everything is an int and all is fine.
"If I have seen further than others, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants." - Isaac Newton

You are my giants........

I just installed 1.6 on an old mac running Snow Leopard. It seems to run fine but launch times are very long - about 20 seconds?

Obviously the machine is never going to be snappy, but I don't recall older versions being that slow to launch.

It looks like its waiting for something - CPU load is initially high while the menu bar appears, then it spends about 10 seconds idling, before going back to 100% just before the main window appears.

Maybe mDNS timeout looking for a Yun (There's not currently a Yun on the network, but there is a Tre)?

Ian

hey guys
 IDE 1.6.0 do not support ISIS 7 simulation for me anymore. i tried it in multiple computers but when creating the .hex file it will not be compatible to upload on simulated arduino on ISIS 7 any ideas?

i0rsc

Buongiorno, sono in difficoltà con l'installazione dei drivers. Il mio sistema operativo è Windows XP SP3 PC a 32 bit. La nuova versione 1.6.0 non prevede tale PC ?
Arduino UNO REV 3
Grazie
Frank

Federico Fissore

Ciao i0rsc, per favore scrivi sul forum italiano http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?board=88.0

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy