Go Down

Topic: IDE 1.6.5 is now available for download (Read 7040 times) previous topic - next topic

pYro_65

Hi i''m Damian...I'm a new Arduino :D.I installed the programma.I tried to load a example.it  don't load.Why?
w8?
The program window does not open?

Find where you installed Arduino. There is a file called arduino_debug.exe.

Run this using the command line and you'll get debug information you can post here.

What OS and version?

Maxx2206

Hi,

same issue with 1.6.5r2 like many others, arduino IDE starts to initialize, but the splash screen just closes and nothing happens.

arduino_debug shows (already posted a few times):

Loading configuration...
org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteException: Process exited with an error: 1 (Exit value: 1)
        at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.executeInternal(DefaultExecut or.java:377)
        at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.execute(DefaultExecutor.java:160)
        at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.execute(DefaultExecutor.java:147)
        at processing.app.windows.Platform.getFolderPathFromRegistry(Platform.java:70)
        at processing.app.windows.Platform.recoverSettingsFolderPath(Platform.java:55)
        at processing.app.windows.Platform.init(Platform.java:50)
        at processing.app.Base.guardedMain(Base.java:153)
        at processing.app.Base.main(Base.java:137)

tried 1.6.5r2 as well as the current nightly build, tried the zip file as well as the 1.6.5r2 executable installer.
installed Java was 8 update 45 as well as 8 update 51 (both 32 and 64 bits).

any ideas?

anything up to 1.6.4 works flawlessly.

cyas...

habanero

I can't even get 1.6.5r2 to install let alone run, as Norton 360 keeps deleting it as soon as I try to install it, flagging it as containing malware. I don't know if this has anything to do with the problems others are having with it but it does seem to be a bit flaky. I installed 1.6.5 instead.

kas

Jul 29, 2015, 08:03 am Last Edit: Jul 29, 2015, 04:11 pm by kas
Hi Federico,

According to released notes, ARDUINO 1.6.5-r3 - has been released on 2015.07.20
but is still not available for download

Please check

pYro_65

Hi Federico,

According to released notes, ARDUINO 1.6.5-r3 - has been released on 2015.07.20
but is still now available for download

Please check

You can download the latest hourly build (22nd July), it has only a few changes since the release: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software#hourly

Mladen Bruck

Hi !

Is there any hope fro us using Raspberry Pi boards ?   At least for newest V2 B+ boards with ARM7 .

Yesterday I had installed Ubuntu Mate and I very pleased haw fast is this board compared with previus one.

So, how to install and what version is available for RPI 2 B+ boards?

Thank you !

dtstrgt

Jul 30, 2015, 01:58 pm Last Edit: Jul 30, 2015, 05:49 pm by dtstrgt
Like others I can run 1.6.5 r2 as administrator but not as a restricted user.

This on a domain, local admin account is used to install the software then students log onto the domain to run the software ( or not as the case is at the moment).

I think I'm getting the same error as some other users. Redirecting the output doesn't seem to work for some reason which is a bug in its own right.

Loading configuration...
org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteException: Process exited with an error: 1 (Exit
value: 1)
        at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.executeInternal(DefaultExecut
or.java:377)
        at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.execute(DefaultExecutor.java:
160)
        at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.execute(DefaultExecutor.java:
147)
        at processing.app.windows.Platform.getFolderPathFromRegistry(Platform.ja
va:70)
        at processing.app.windows.Platform.recoverSettingsFolderPath(Platform.ja
va:55)
        at processing.app.windows.Platform.init(Platform.java:50)
        at processing.app.Base.guardedMain(Base.java:153)
        at processing.app.Base.main(Base.java:137)

The hourly build ARDUINO 1.6.6 2015/07/21 doesn't work either, but with a different error.

Loading configuration...
java.nio.file.DirectoryNotEmptyException: C:\Users\dt14test2\AppData\Local\Ardui
no15
        at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileCopy.move(WindowsFileCopy.java:457)
        at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.move(WindowsFileSystemProvider.j
ava:287)
        at java.nio.file.Files.move(Files.java:1395)
        at processing.app.windows.Platform.fixSettingsLocation(Platform.java:250
)
        at processing.app.PreferencesData.init(PreferencesData.java:36)
        at processing.app.BaseNoGui.initParameters(BaseNoGui.java:982)
        at processing.app.Base.guardedMain(Base.java:159)
        at processing.app.Base.main(Base.java:139)

Any idea when there will be new normal release?

I'm trying to create an image for a student lab. I'd rather use an official release so at present I'm probably tending towards using 1.6.4 . Lab probably won't be updated after this for another 12 months.

Maxx2206

Hi,

just a quick update...
I just completed the Windows 10 Upgrade on my Notebook here and one of the first things i tried was starting the 1.6.5r2 IDE... what should i say... it works out of the box now...

Maybe it was really something dodgy about my user profile on my old 8.1 Installation which was thankfully fixed by the upgrade process ;)

Anyway, i am not complaining... I'm just glad it works now...

Cyas...

Go Up