Go Down

Topic: IDE 1.8.0 Released -- update: 1.8.9 (Read 120975 times) previous topic - next topic

ballscrewbob

Virus Total comes up clean too.
I suspect modry_salamander has other issues and his AV might be compromised if he got it from here.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Scott_Callahan

Forgive me, I've been out of the robot game for a few years. I just opened up Arduino IDE (1.6.5) on my Mac and was prompted that it was out of date. I installed the current version (1.8.9) and get the below errors when I upload a sketch.
Code: [Select]
Arduino: 1.8.9 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Leonardo"

Sketch uses 10280 bytes (35%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28672 bytes.
Global variables use 336 bytes (13%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2224 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2560 bytes.

avrdude: butterfly_recv(): programmer is not responding
Found programmer: Id = ""; type =
    Software Version = .; Hardware Version = �.�
avrdude: error: buffered memory access not supported. Maybe it isn't
a butterfly/AVR109 but a AVR910 device?
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
         Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
         this check.

avrdude: error: programmer did not respond to command: leave prog mode
avrdude: error: programmer did not respond to command: exit bootloader
avrdude: error: programmer did not respond to command: exit bootloader

Invalid library found in /Users/scottcallahan/Documents/Arduino/libraries/ZumoExamples: no headers files (.h) found in /Users/scottcallahan/Documents/Arduino/libraries/ZumoExamples
Invalid library found in /Users/scottcallahan/Documents/Arduino/libraries/ZumoExamples: no headers files (.h) found in /Users/scottcallahan/Documents/Arduino/libraries/ZumoExamples

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

I have no idea what butterfly_recv(): is.
I don't know what a AVR 109 device is.
I checked the preferences for the sketchbook location and it's the same for both versions.

Arduino 1.6.5 still uploads perfectly, just the text is pixilated. 

Thanks for any help.

Scott

Scott_Callahan

ok, I fixed the butterfly_recv(): errors by pressing the reset button while uploading the sketch. Now the only problem I have is
Code: [Select]

Which, once again doesn't show up in the previous version.

Scott_Callahan

TimEllis

I just installed a fresh verison 1.8.9 of the IDE.  I have some code that includes two .h files.  I add the files using the sketch->add file.  The .h files show up in the bar at the top and the code compiles fine.  I made sure to save all of the files.  When I close the IDE and reopen it the .h files do not show up.  How can I be sure the .h files will reappear each time I open the IDE?

Thanks,
-tim

ballscrewbob

Hi Tim.

Did you check the contents of the tabs were not simply added to the sketch itself ?

Bob.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

TimEllis

Yes I checked that.  Without the files added to the sketch I get compile errors missing variable and defines etc unless I add the files.

pert

I just installed a fresh verison 1.8.9 of the IDE.  I have some code that includes two .h files.  I add the files using the sketch->add file.  The .h files show up in the bar at the top and the code compiles fine.  I made sure to save all of the files.  When I close the IDE and reopen it the .h files do not show up.  How can I be sure the .h files will reappear each time I open the IDE?
I just gave it a try, but was unable to reproduce the issue. After you add the .h file, select Sketch > Show Sketch Folder. Do you see the .h file in that folder?

TimEllis

I just gave it a try, but was unable to reproduce the issue. After you add the .h file, select Sketch > Show Sketch Folder. Do you see the .h file in that folder?
I do see the files in the Sketch > Show Sketch Folder.

TimEllis

Library tab issue.

I just found out the I can compile my code with the include file tab not being shown.  I've attached a screen shot of my IDE.  Note the include file shared variables.h.  The code compiles fine even thought the tab is not shown.  If I add the file the library tab shows until I close the IDE.

I'm running windows 10 pro.

Go Up