Go Down

Topic: IDE 1.6.6 is now available for download (Read 20867 times) previous topic - next topic

Frootustootus

Reading through the posts I see that someone else has the same problem as me but I can't see any replies regarding a fix. If I make alterations to a sketch and upload to the UNO the alterations will be saved upon exit without any warning, or option  being given. Is there a way to change this back to a warning window requesting changes to be saved or not?

pert

If I make alterations to a sketch and upload to the UNO the alterations will be saved upon exit without any warning, or option  being given. Is there a way to change this back to a warning window requesting changes to be saved or not?
I think it's actually being saved automatically when you upload. You can disable this by unchecking File > Preferences > Save when verifying or uploading. If you try to exit it should still ask if you want to save your changes(at least it does for me). I find it very annoying that they decided to have this option checked by default, it's very unexpected behavior for me. I think the idea is that the IDE might crash during verification or upload but this has never happened to me once.

Frootustootus

Yes, that's sorted it. Many thanks.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy