Go Down

Topic: problem about sensor hc sr04 (Read 721 times) previous topic - next topic

problem about sensor hc sr04 use help with the sensor HC-SR04 and arduino because the arduino always detects 2 or 3 microseconds of the echo signal and convert to 0 cm, so I used various programs from various sites but the result is always the same .. could you help me please? Connect the sensor vcc to 5-volt arduino and gnd to gnd, the trigger to pin 7 and echo to pin 8. For example I get the code here :

Feb 14, 2013, 11:43 am Last Edit: Feb 14, 2013, 11:49 am by 0AlphaOmega Reason: 1
long r = 0.034 * duration / 2;

That could be simplified.
long r = 0.017 * duration;

I've not run the code but it looks about right.

What distance are you trying to measure, 2 to 3 cm is about minimum, and the supposed maximum was probably obtained in an test chamber - or I have edge of the bell curve devices ;)

many code snippets give...

digitalWrite( triggerPort, LOW );
17    delayMicroseconds( 1 );
18   //invia un impulso di 10microsec su trigger
19   digitalWrite( triggerPort, HIGH );
20   delayMicroseconds( 10 );

Just read your post again, are you suggesting that it is pre-triggering? (reading the outgoing chirp?) I would think that was unlikely, although your device may be faulty. you could add a few uS delay before the pulseIn()
I've not hooked a scope to one of these yet, but I do note that there are several models and some can be set to single pin mode - do check your device.
For whom does the clock pulse? It pulses for you!

Thanks  :). I will try and I will inform you to results!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131