Go Down

Topic: Bootloader burning problrm (Read 116 times) previous topic - next topic

hi
I hv bought two new atmega328p-pu chips , the first one i burn bootloader on it using arduino as isp method and the result was great when i try to do the same on the second one i have this error.

Code: [Select]
avrdude: Yikes!  Invalid device signature.
         Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
         this check.

and i cant even upload any programs on it by any methode. Can it work by any way or i will put it in the rubbish :'( ?

Thanks

smithy

Check all your cables with signal check maybe a wire has a break.
Disconnect any wires that u do not need. There can be errors with the clock, i bought a cheap usbasp and since then i never had any problems.

i tried with the same connections and device on another chip and it was ok

KenF

Did you get them at the same time from the same supplier?  If not then perhaps the configuration of the second one is not the same as the first one.

Do you have an external crystal and capacitors in place or are you relying on the internal clock?

i bought them from the same supplier but i dont know how to see the chip configuration or adjust it and iam programming it on an arduino uno board , i use two boards one as isp and the other hv the chip i want to programmeing

THANKS a lot for replies :)

KenF

i bought them from the same supplier but i dont know how to see the chip configuration or adjust it and iam programming it on an arduino uno board , i use two boards one as isp and the other hv the chip i want to programmeing

THANKS a lot for replies :)

The reason I asked if you'd bought them at the same time is that it's unlikely that they'll be setup differently if they both came from the same batch.

sounds like you've got a duff one.  Send it back and get a refund.

I think thats the bad truth . but if u know a way to can see its configurations let me know

Thanks

KenF

I think thats the bad truth . but if u know a way to can see its configurations let me know
Loads of useful stuff here.
http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=11633

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy