Go Down

Topic: Bootloader write failure - avrdude efuse problem (Read 6572 times) previous topic - next topic

Mr. Swarf

As stated earlier in this thread this is more of a warning than an error. You can ignore the warning and get on with your final.
M.S.

rezaei

but how can I ignore that warning. I did all as explained in this threat. but the warning is still there.
would you please help me.

I checked the board.txt  (the main board.txt, there is only one file) and I checked the value of efuse all is correct.

i do not know how to get ride of this warning.

pert

but how can I ignore that warning.
Just pretend you didn't see it. Close your eyes if you must. This doesn't indicate any problem at all.

ReverseSun

Mar 29, 2017, 08:48 pm Last Edit: Mar 29, 2017, 09:35 pm by ReverseSun
Guys Found the way. Just like our friend *CrossRoad said it just not for nano you can search and find uno, Yun and ... in boards.txt then you can edit the board's .bootloader.extended_fuses=0x05 to .bootloader.extended_fuses=0xfd and done! It won't have any warning!

pert

...or you can just update to the latest version of the Arduino IDE or Arduino AVR Boards, where the fuse values have already been changed:
https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/commit/a899b9e1a8d6522d161c2d81fdbcca86ede83294

MeSat

Just to let people know, I couldn't burn the bootloader using the latest boards files from Arduino.  I downgraded from 1.6.17 to 1.6.10 and changed the boards.txt file in

~/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/avr/1.6.10/

to the recommended settings.

I had spent 2 hours searching and editing files on my system.  For peoples information, I found at least 6 different boards.txt files on my system.  Only two of them seemed to have any affect on the IDE.  If the one listed above or the /etc/arduino/ boards.txt files were missing, then the IDE wouldn't start.

Programmed 4 CPU's once I got things working.

It may be worth downgrading to an earlier version if you are having issues.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy