Go Down

Topic: Contact with Pinguino ? (Read 16 times) previous topic - next topic

NewtoC

I have used Arduino to try to get some knowledge about C-programming. It works great ! I am very impressed.
However, last year I got a PIC32 Pinguino Micro and it worked (with a lot of IDE bugs) when using Windows 7. When changing to Windows 10 I no more get any contact with the board.

I have now tried downloading the Arduino software for "third party boards" but there is no success. The new boards appear allright in the boards menu. Also the chipkit software has been installed and seems to be OK.
However, no port appears and I cannot upload anything. I have tried with the board connected/unconnected when starting Arduino program. Yes, I have tried pushing the two buttons on the board and the two LED:s are blinking as they should but nothing more.
Connecting an Arduino board and a COM port appears, back to Pinguino and the COM port disappears.

Probably I am doing something wrong, but what ? Maybe I have misunderstood the whole thing. Perhaps some additional hardware is needed between the PC and the Pinguino board ?

Is anyone having any great idea ?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy