Go Down

Topic: Speed Radar Questions (Read 14 times) previous topic - next topic

mherupineda

Hi, I'm new here  :) i had a small project regarding measuring the speed of vehicles so i had to create a speed radar just like those speed radar signs on the road. What i'm doing now is creating a speed radar circuit which is for experimentation only. I had used a GH-100 Microwave Doppler Sensor and had able to interfaced it on arduino using the frequency library.

What i want to ask for those who had created or experienced how the speed radar works is that, can the speed radar detect a car which is behind it (even its not on its cone detecting range)? And if it detects the speed of a car that is reversing towards the back of the speed radar?

Example, we have a road and it has two (2) directions which is x and y, let's say x-direction is towards east and y-direction is towards west. Theres a speed radar sign perpendicular to the road and it is facing on x-direction (east) meaning it now measures the speed of cars coming from x-direction going y-direction.

My question means, Can the speed radar detect the speed of the car that is coming from the y-direction (west) going x-direction (east)? And can speed radar detect the speed of the car that is in reverse-mode coming from y-direction going x-direction?

I hope you can help me. React please if you had an idea with these. Thank you very much.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy