Go Down

Topic: make:it robotics starter kit - connecting with arduino uno (Read 2518 times) previous topic - next topic

tooandrew

Jul 05, 2014, 06:35 am Last Edit: Jul 05, 2014, 06:42 am by tooandrew Reason: 1
hey everybody. this is my first post here because i don't understand how to do this and the documentation is lacking. i've played around with arduinos for basic stuff like sensors and just experimenting, but i got this kit, and in the documentation under 'download the support files' it just says the following.

Download the Support Files
1. For the Arduino program and libraries, go to http://shack.net/MakeItRobotics.
2. At the end of the blog post, click Make: it Robotics Starter Kit Support Files and save the
folder to your computer.
3. If you have not created a directory in your Arduino folder for the Make: it Robotics programs,
open READ_ME.txt and follow the directions.
4. Connect your Arduino Uno R3 to your computer with a USB cable.
5. Remove the jumpers from J16 on the PCB to allow your Arduino’s USB port to communicate
with your computer.
6. Open linefollow.ino in the Arduino programming environment.
7. Verify and upload the program to your Arduino Uno R3.
8. Remove the USB cable from your Arduino Uno R3.
9. Put the jumpers back onto J16. When the PCB is connected to your Arduino and the
jumpers on J16 are in place, your Arduino’s serial port will be unavailable.

doesn't say how to connect it.
it looks like it was designed to just have the arduino placed on top of it but the pins on the bottom of my arduino are not long enough to just plug in, so do i just use jumper wires and ... tape it on there? also,will the 8 AA batteries power the board if i just plug everything in?

do you still have the support files? please share it. The link in radio shack blog doesn't work anymore..

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy