Go Down

Topic: Need Guidance on What Kind of Robot to Build For Project (Read 265 times) previous topic - next topic

goodinventor

No, I have experience with using certain tools and have them (like wire strippers and screwdrivers), but I do not have experience with soldering (nor do I possess a soldering iron). The reason why I thought a legged robot would be better is because legged robots can travel through obstacles (especially big ones) like stairs much better than wheeled robots can.

Isaac96

The question is, how will a robot, even a legged one, climb stairs? It will have to be big enough and also probably have the dimensions of the stairs hardcoded into it.
I use UnoJoy and Hoodloader for HID. No Leonardo!
Do not PM me for help.Only links to topics.

CONNECT THE GROUNDS!

zoomkat

Thank you. But for me assembling the wheels for that robot would actually be harder than creating a wheeled robot with a sophisticated turning mechanism.
What I suggested is essentially hot gluing a servo horn to the center of a pie pan. If that is difficult for you, your project may not go anywhere.
Google forum search: Use Google Search box in upper right side of this page.
Why I like my 2005 Rio Yellow Honda S2000  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWjMvrkUqX0

goodinventor

Actually, zoomkat, that's doable. What is hard is assembling the complicated wooden wheels shown in the picture. As for making a robot climb stairs, I only said that it is possible to make a legged robot climb stairs. I never said it was easy; in fact, I am not working on that problem just yet. First I am going to try to just get the robot to walk.

Go Up