Go Down

Topic: ESP8266 (Read 21161 times) previous topic - next topic

rogerClark

The ESP8266 can act as both AP or client, but I think it may need to reboot when you change from AP to client

I wrote an IoT device which starts as an AP and runs a web server to allow configuration, and after config is complete, it reboots and connects as a client

However I didnt do this using AT commands, I did it in code.

Now that the ESP8266 Dev team have made Arduino "cores" file for the ESP8266, you may find its better to write code to do this in the Arduino IDE rather than trying to use the AT commands

Freelance developer and IT consultant
www.rogerclark.net

killerspec

HI all

I am new to the ESP range and have the ESP-01. I have a ttl programmer and have the set it up to converse with the Arduino IDE. I have selected the comms port in my case comms port 3 and set carriage return to 115200. When I plug in my ttl programmer I am getting a windows driver message which says Microsoft Serial Mouse failed.

Any ideas on what maybe the issue here?

Matt

pYro_65

@killerspec, is this still a problem.

You could open your device manager and delete the drivers for it, then re-installing them should fix it. Mine never showed up as a mouse, but did require a manual install as the automatic install failed.

killerspec

@killerspec, is this still a problem.

You could open your device manager and delete the drivers for it, then re-installing them should fix it. Mine never showed up as a mouse, but did require a manual install as the automatic install failed.
Thanks a million will try this in the morning.

baranbaran

it will be great if you do that....good luck
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.

impeham

i've attached a word document to show the output i got from the serial monitor - the following is copied from it to whoever don't have a doc reader:

I'm using ESP8266 03 with baud rate of 9600:

First - connecting the ESP to the PC's usb using Power source/pins of ESP not changed - only TX/RX now connect through "CP2102 USB 2.0 to TTL UART 6PIN Module Serial Converter" (the power source is the USB's 3v output):
AT and AT+GMR commands looks ok.

Next - try to connect to access point, command:
AT+CWJAP="ssid","somepassword"
The ssid and password are printed correctly (they are false - that's why the error)

Next - ESP power source stays the same, only TX and RX are moved to pins 2 and 3 of the arduino nano - the serial monitor is now connected to the arduino nano, and the code on the nano is just printing the output of one another - this is the code uploaded to the nano:

---
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
SoftwareSerial mySerial(2,3);

void setup() {
  mySerial.begin(9600);
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() {
  if (mySerial.available())
    Serial.write(mySerial.read());
  if (Serial.available())
    mySerial.write(Serial.read());
}
---

AT and AT+GMR looks ok, Trying to connect to the access point, command:
AT+CWJAP="ssid","somepassword"
results with bad characters and it won't succeed to connect (even if ssid and password were correct - I verified in the router).

The question is - why does it behave differently? Why through the nano some sent characters are being passed incorrectly and is there a way to fix that?

Go Up