Go Down

Topic: Use ethernet shield to send email to a email server in virtual linux px (Read 52 times) previous topic - next topic

majoy

I don't know what category my problem is in, anyway I have posted this in, since I am new in using Arduino.

I have a project that needs to send image or data via email with the use of ethernet shield. I am planning to use my already set-up email server inside the virtual machine. the virtual machine uses a linux operating system and I dont have any clue how to enable the ethernet shield to send email inside the virtual machine's email server.

Please help me with this. I would appreciate your reply and It's great to listen and understand your wide knowledge about this :) thank you.

SurferTim

I have an example sketch in the playground that sends email to an email server using port 25.
http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/Email

If it is your email server, it should work fine. It works on my Linux email server.

majoy

how should I do it? do i have to run with arduino ide inside the virtual machine??? Thank you for your suggestion and clarrification:)

majoy

do you have instructables for that ? thanks for the help :)

Go Up