Go Down

Topic: Hi3516 Hacking Errors (Read 70 times) previous topic - next topic

AnilEnis

First, I apologize for my english. I have a camera module with hi3516 SoC and I have to access it. But I couldn't that.

If I begin explain from start. I had an IPC, extracted it and now I have 3 modules. One of them is camera module with hi3516. I tried two methods for access to hi3516. First method is shell. I found 3 holes on the camera module, these are GND, Rx and Tx. I soldered them with 3 female jumper cables and connect to FTDI module. I used USB to Micro USB for FTDI-PC connection and 12V for camera module power up. In while, I download a program, what name is CoolTerm to my pc. I only set baud rate to 115200. Then, I connect to camera. Camera module booted up. I pressed a key when I see "Hit any key to stop autoboot:1" text and access to U-Boot. Until here, I followed an article and everything is fine. In the article says "You just have to press enter after to type "root" to gain shell access". But I can't gain shell access when I type "root". I got an error like "Unknown command "root" - try "help"". I tried diffirent ways to access as root from my researches but I couldn't. Then, I tried other method.

Second method is telnet. I had to cut network cables of camera module when I extract it from IPC. That is why I soldered network cables to each other. Then, I connect camera module to internet. I detected ip address of camera module with Advanced IP Scanner program. I typed ip address of camera module to ip address box and select telnet for connection type. After that, I clicked Open button. A console window came to my screen and putty configuration window closed. I got a warning like message box when I typed correct username and password to console. I can't remember exactly that warning. I got an error like "Login incorrect" on console when I typed wrong username and password. I can type username and password totally 3 times for every connection when I got this error. If I tried wrong username and password 3 times for a connection, connection and console window close. I followed another article for this method.

First Article: https://felipe.astroza.cl/hacking-hi3518-based-ip-camera/

Second Article: http://www.hkvstar.com/technology-news/china-ip-camera-configuration-firmware.html

Hi3516 has embedded linux os. Any ideas to help me?

Paul_KD7HB

If there is an Arduino question in there, I am not seeing it!

Go Up