Go Down

Topic: Tutorial for Arduino Beginner (Read 238 times) previous topic - next topic

Lyle

There are many good beginner tutorials for Arduino.  The approach in this one is to learn as much about programming for the Arduino with minimal changes to the setup.

The first lessons use only an Arduino Uno, a breadboard, one resistor and one LED.

The site is: lylenotes.com

Smoj

Cheers for that Lyle.

Just starting out (at absolute level zero, although with some coding experience from the early days of home computing - AKA the TRS-80 era), I'm finding that the hardest thing about Arduino so far is waiting for the gear to arrive...

In the meantime, I've been trying to learn more about sketching.

Just looking at the first couple of pages of your tutorial, I've already learnt a few things that may have been passed over by the other tutorials I've looked into as 'too basic'.

But being a beginner, I'm well within the range of your target audience, and appreciate the info.

I like your approach, as far as keeping the hardware as simple as possible to concentrate on coding.

Good stuff, and I look forward to getting into it more deeply via a simulator while I wait for my packages of Arduino and related paraphernalia to arrive.

Thanks for your effort!

Lyle

Smoj,

Glad you find some help in the tutorials.

Wow! TRS80--I started there too, many years ago.  Some referred to this as the "Trash 80", but it got me started.

I have had my site on hold (maintenance mode) for quite a while.  I just recently reopened it for some friends who wanted get started with Arduino.  The reason for putting the site on hold was that most comments were from people who wanted to "show me how to make more money" (translation: "help them make more money via my site".)

Making money was never a reason for Lylenotes.com.  I just set up the site to learn something new--how to use Wordpress to run a site.  Also because I like writing tutorials. 

If there is some interest in these tutorials, I will probably continue to add new lessons.

Enjoy your Arduino experimenting.  Have fun!

Lyle

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy