Go Down

Topic: Arduino and Python (Read 2419 times) previous topic - next topic

JimboZA

Excellent series of tutorials at toptechboy
Johannesburg hams call me: ZS6JMB on Highveld rep 145.7875 (-600 & 88.5 tone)
Dr Perry Cox: "Help me to help you, help me to help you...."
Your answer may already be here: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=384198.0

raygburphy

Python is a free program you can download. Talking to Arduino over a serial interface is pretty trivial in Python. Fundamentals of programming through Arduino lessons may lead to Python learning

CrossRoads

Python 2 is apparently easier to do that vs Python 3 from our experience last summer (maybe 2 summers ago?). I don't know if that has changed since.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

wolfrose

I just want to say thank you for the link, I'm actually busy with getting code::blocks to work and start programming in C++.

Python is a big interest, because I have nodeMCU dev boards which requires programming in LUA. I understood that LUA is very similar to Python.

Regards,

Robo-T

I defiantly will watch these, since I am into both Arduino and Python.  However, I am very frustrated that Python 3 is still having difficulty in getting traction.  It is clear that python is moving forward, but people have invested in 2 and cannot seem to move forward (which is very understandable).  Maybe, I will try my hand at implementing some of these things in 3.
thx

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy